Unaka is STATE Bound! Hold off Wartburg!

TheAnswer9

Wartburg had a 3ptr rim in and that would have knotted the score at 52-52 with 22 seconds left, but....the game was finally over after a missed 3ptr by Wartburg at the buzzer that would have forced OT after a Unaka TO at midcourt!!

Unaka would hold on down the stretch for a 54 - 51 victory!! FT after FT for Unaka--this was really the difference, the shooting of both teams!! Wartburg had a couple of crucial TOs down the stretch and Unaka being the experienced team they are made Wartburg pay!!

Congrats to both teams on a hard fought contest!!

Good luck in the state Unaka and to Wartburg---girls CONGRATS on a great season and we'll see you next year!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the refs. Unaka had Sat. Night and Unaka will go all the way without a lost.

Clarkrange-Snow will have a field day. Clarkrange by 30+

I have read yours and kingbrian3's posts on the last 2 threads.

First off, I'll take your Unaka +30 for $5,000. My e-mail is at the bottom of my post so lets confirm that!

Second, Davis' fit sitting on the floor throwing a 2-year old tantrum, must be classy?

Chambers took a comment from a fan responded positively be saying you had a good team too. After the second comment, he said all I know is we're going on down the road and your going home. To which more cussing from the stands came and he ignored.

Two years ago at Oneida, Unaka went to the FT line a lot less than did Oneida, but they did not fuss, cuss and spit on Oneida's players or coaches!!!! Sometimes its not meant to be.

Fuss at the officials all you want but why down a coach and teenage girls for accomplishing something great! I've coached at Oliver Springs and sure I've felt like Harriman, Anderson Co. and Scott County got all the calls. Did I complain to the officials yes! But I never said anything negative to the victors!

So once again, buy a ticket or use your press pass and come and support the final 8 teams in Tennessee battle it out in Murfreesboro.

P.S. Don't forget my 30 points!!!!!!!!!!!1

Loosing when its fair I can take any day and u are in denial if u can honestly say

that the clock and the officials didn't play a part in the loss. You all have obviously been allowed to do what u want up there for too long. We play fair in our neck of the woods come down and play us at home we will show u what fairness and hospitality are. The clock man at our school has never been accused of messing with the clock and our lady principal will show u how to throw out disrespectful kids for cursing the other teams players. Class its taught and respect is earned,

Sounds like a few trips to the woodshed are in order. We have several down this

way if u parents would like to borrow one.

Edited by sportsmom25