Single A State

spaceman15

it already kind of the way rowdytn described it. i mean, that's what makes it fun --the hope that your team can win the state title-- but there can only be one TRUE state champ. we already have divisions and classes, so if you think about it, it's already watered down. my advice... don't think about it. play to win in your class and have fun.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said they playing field was level. Privates have an inherent advantage due to no zoning restrictions. Other than that, most of the "wah wah wah privates recruit wah wah wah" bs, is exactly that, BS. I played in 9a (all privates) and played against the same kids from 6th grade-12th grade. The teams only changed by one or two players every year. There was no whole-sale shipment of players every year like the publics imply.

What I'm saying, is that public school motivation for a split is winning, which they are crucifying the privates for wanting to do as much as possible. If I were a public school player, I would be motivated to be the best because "the best" meant better than all the other schools in my classification. If my state title made me the best of half the 1a schools, I would be upset. Maybe I was just more competitive than the average public school kid and his/her parents, because it just seems like excessive whining to me.

and in response to the perry county kid, hats off. You guys dont whine, you go out and beat the privates. Host a conference or something and teach the other publics to play with the best, not run from them.

Who really gives a rat's rear if FRA wins state titles in cross-country or tennis? Look at the major sports like football and basketball and CPA dominates them. They havent beaten us in football since '97, i think. Go lions!

FRA has never won a state championship in tennis. However, they have won 3 straight state titles in the sport that measures pure athleticism...track and field. They have also won state titles in baseball, soccer, XC (4 in a row), and football. Don't hate on them because they're faster than you...and everyone else.

Im trying to remember the last time FRA was "dominated" by CPA in basketball.... They beat them 4 straight times, but never by more than ten. In fact, every game Ive watched against CPA since 8th grade has been a good matchup. So, unless football is the only sport that matters to you, the FRA CPA rivalry is pretty competitive, if not in FRAs favor.

Also, questioning the priority of the sports that FRA wins a championship in is pointless, because CPA also competes for those sports. CPA won a title in soccer in 99, but hasn't come too close recently. They have won 2 football titles and have a great program, although the success might be down some next year with the two coaches that left. The point is, regardless of how major a sport is, every championship for FRA is one more that CPA didn't win. And yes, track and field is a measure of pure athletic ability.