Class 1A GOLD BALL (CHAMPION)...

TheAnswer9

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

halls has a very good chance to put out Temple in the first round. the only thing that slows them down is the lack of playing in big games like the one against Temple at state. if they slow down, think about what they are doing, and stop the crusaders early, they will have a better chance at victory. if they get past Temple, they will stand a better chance of winning their next game. Greenfield is capable of beating grace, but will they. they have an edge because the star player from grace is injured and they have expierence in the state tourn. i believe halls and Greenfield stand a pretty good chance to make it to the final game..........but, it is MARCH and anything is possible. all of the teams that have made it this far have a chance to win the entire thing. good luck to all the teams

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on how you define big games.halls has played bigger schools just like Greenfield.plus we have a better record against bigger schools then Greenfield.halls went to the semifinal game two years ago.these guys know how to find a way to win just like the last three games.Middleton had a very talented team and we managed to come from behind to win that game.Middleton didnt have any weeknesses offensicvely and they were taller as well.weve had the chance to win every game we have played so far and i dont see any difference in the state.all 8 have made it this far.so anything is possible.

Strength of Schedule Ranking

DIVISION 1 - CLASS A

1 Cascade 56.39

2 Ezell-Harding 56.28

3 Peabody 55.50

4 CPA 55.48

5 Temple 54.92

6 Franklin Road Academy 52.95

7 Goodpasture 52.78

8 Cornersville 52.64

9 Summertown 52.17

10 Perry Co. 52.06

11 Grace Baptist Academy 51.39

12 F.C. Boyd, Sr. Christian 51.14

13 Chattanooga-Creative Arts 50.77

14 Davidson Academy 50.63

15 Greenfield 50.54

16 Clay County 50.51

17 Huntland 50.51

18 Greenback 50.35

19 Oneida 49.84

20 Hermitage Springs 49.82

21 Madison Academic Magnet 49.70

22 University School of Jackson 49.55

23 Pickett Co. 49.21

24 Boyd Buchanan 49.20

25 Eagleville 48.64

26 Unaka 48.26

27 Clarkrange 48.04

28 Friendship Christian 48.00

29 Wayne Co. 47.96

30 Monterey 47.82

31 Sale Creek 47.72

32 Trousdale Co. 47.53

33 Collinwood 47.41

34 Hampshire 47.18

35 Sunbright 47.13

36 Hancock Co. 47.08

37 Red Boiling Springs 47.04

38 Middleton 46.95

39 Westmoreland 46.95

40 Culleoka 46.94

41 Gleason 46.83

42 Lookout Valley 46.74

43 Fayette Academy 46.67

44 Nashville Christian 46.60

45 Santa Fe 46.58

46 DCA 46.50

47 Forrest 46.46

48 Rockwood 46.34

49 South Fulton 46.30

50 Midway 46.30

51 Dresden 46.17

52 Mt. Pleasant 45.93

53 Columbia Academy 45.90

54 Wartburg 45.31

55 Jackson Christian 45.03

56 University School 44.95

57 Frank Hughes 44.59

58 Community 44.55

59 Bradford 44.48

60 Halls 44.46

61 Jo Byrns 44.36

62 Lake Co.

I am pulling for Halls to beat Temple, but here is this years' strength of schedule. To play a couple of teams from AA doesn't mean you ve played a tough schedule. I think that Halls can beat Temple, because of the street style of basketball they play. Temple hasn't seen alot of that this year and they aren't as strong as they were last year. I would like to see another Halls/Greenfield finale, but if Greenfield gets by Grace then we will have to deal with CPA. CPA looks like it is loaded, but we will see. Good luck to all next week, especially the Jackets!!!

dane strayhorn is an awesome player and they have more then just him.they have several good players who can handle the ball and they are very organized and able to take advantage of mismatches.staryhorn is probably the smartest player they have and very well skilled and dangerous to play against.he does a great job of setting his teammates up and one heck of a player.he plays well in big games as he does his whole career.other people talk of streetball.dont expect this team to look like a bunch of guys out of control.they beat some good quality teams and will be ready to play like i know Temple will be ready as well.should be a great game with some good players from boh teams.scoggins i here is a heck of a player.hopefully both teams have a great game and effort.

Well...yes, I am from East Tennessee with TIES to 3 of the teams still playing from East Tennessee.

I have a cousin that plays (a little) for Grace---Drew Daugherty, my brother and several church mates attended TN Temple University, and well...as for Rockwood, I have the utmost respect for most everyone down that way--especially one of my mentor's Asst or Vice Principal Reed and Coach Lane!!

Excel117dm you are an @SS you really are- I don't have a clue who you are but you are deffinately an @SS and I don't like you- first of all if you are a CPA fan your retarded b/c if I recal a skogen threw down on you at your place when you got beat by them last year- if your not then you are just clueless and haven't followed basketball much at all this year- oh and yes Caleb and Seth can both dunk -and they are skogens oh and also Caleb is one of the best defenders i've seen -when he turns it on and makes up his mind to play his guts out you won't score--he does get in foul trouble alot which hurts but you need to have a clue what you are talking about before you open your mouth-peace out!!!