White Station Back AGAIN

hshoops

How is it that hardly anyone on this board talks about the BEST team in the whole state? Sure they get brought up under theards concerning best in state. but no one talks about them on a regular basis like they do Portland, Giles County, Maryville, Cosby and other good teams. All of those are by the way are not going to state. They all have great fans though and like talking about their teams. Does no one from White Station have access to coacht? I know there's a heck of a lot of basketball fans in Memphis but no one seems to give props to White Station unless they are speaking down on them.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are a few of us who stick up for the Spartans. I don't live in Memphis but in Shelby Co. and consider Memphis my hometown by extension. I root for all the Memphis teams( except for Hamilton as long as Ted Anderson is the coach). Congrats to White Station for, once again, making it to the state tournament. Also congrats to Jackson Northside for beating a tough Fairley team and earning a trip to the' Boro. I'll be pulling for both of you guys!

Most fans are biast to their favorite team. Obvioulsy, that is a reason why there are so many varied and sometimes ludicrous opinions on who the best team in the state is. Also, White Station has developed a repuation as being one of the elite teams in the nation. How many other teams in the state have been nationally ranked in the top 25 over the past couple of years and been able to maintain that ranking. I may be wrong, but I can't think of any. I think White Station is put in a class by themselves. They are expected to make it to the state tournament, and most people probably expect them to win it. When people discuss who they think the best team in the state is, what they are really discussing is who the second best team is or possibly the third best, behind Bradley Central. They just ignore White Station because, like i said earlier, they are in a class of their own, and it is a given that they are the best. It makes for a more attractive discussion if you elminate them as an option to pick from becasue it levels the playing field for the other teams in state which, in turn, opens the discussion up to a larger number of people.

A Bradley/ WS rematch would be fantastic. I'm pulling for White Station but consider( this is for the Bear fans...see I'm a fair guy)that BC is going to state for the 4th time in 5 years. When Bartlett won AAA, it was in the 4th appearance out of 5 years. Erie isn't it? :) j/k Course, WS had been knocked out in the region B)

In any event, I know WS will do Memphis proud as always. Good luck to Coach Tippitt's Spartans.

Edited by Pantherbert