School Records

peacemaker

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Tis true, I have personally met this Mr. Bennett- he's a SUPER athlete. (I even got to shake his hand AND I have a signed picture of him on my mirror!) The tales of his magnificent triumphs are still being read about in class, so we will all be aware of this legend. When he becomes famous, I just might sell you one of my pictures of him... nah, nm I like the picture too much.

ummmmmm, I guess your saying 100 yards right,not 100 meters. 10.01 is world class and he should be on the 4 x 100 olympic team. So unless he is going to the olympics and running at the world championships, I have to believe it s 100 yards not meters ;);) . ;);)

I'm not sure on out school record but there's a kid on our team who'll be setting a few when he becomes eligible. Dewayne Caldwell ran somewhere around a high 9, low 10 (I think) in the 100 at the Allcomers Meet at GPS Tuesday. and he'll also be lighting up Ooltewah's football program next year.

Edited by Owlsrasslin145

McMinn County High School

400 - 50.1 - Nathan Sloan - 1999

800 - 1:57.40 - Josh Hicks - 2003 (he also ran a 1:55 relay split)

1600 - 4:24 - Tray Hurst - 2003

3200 - 9:26 - Powell Grisham - 1989

4X400 Relay - 3:25.11 (M. Billingsley, M. Ray, T. Hurst, J. Hicks) - 2003

4X800 Relay - 7:54.80 (T. Hurst, M. Billingsley, M. Buckley, J. Hicks) - 2003

Guest kenwoodrun
McMinn County High School

3200 - 9:26 - Powell Grisham - 1989

Didn't know this guy existed. That's a pretty darn good 3200m record.

That quarter record is probably the most breakable of the set of records you listed. Some good marks in that list, that was a solid 4x8 team.

Guest kenwoodrun
Ooletwah has a record of 10.01 in the 100m. Some kid named Jason Bennett did it as a sophomore. Not sure where he's at now. He held such nicknames as "white lightning" and "fastest white-boy in the county" in middle school...

Let me be the first to congratulate Jason Bennett on becoming the new national high school record holder in the 100m. Last time I checked, the national record was 10.13, set by Derrick Florence of Towson Maryland in 1986. I guess Bennett quietly broke the record to avoid all of the national frenzy that would have resulted if the media had caught wind of this!

(Nobody is running 10.01 in high school, even for 100 yards. We are lucky if there are 5 guys in the US at any level capable of going under 10 right now. TSSAA hasn't certified a single kid under 10.5...but I'm probably wasting my time explaining this anyway.)

I stand by what i said early. The Bennett "kid" as you call him DID in fact run a 10.01. This was a couple years ago and the reason you've probably never heard of him is because he pulled a muslce before the state tournament in '01. I have heard a rumor recently that he is, in fact, going to run in Athens this summer. I haven't talked to him personaly, but i'm sure he cause quite a stir.