DB-Boro

dafuture4all

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

future, read your original post and then read what you and your buddies are arguing. I thought the problem you had with White Station is that they get kids from all over Memphis, but then you argue that everyone wants to go to DB. I'm taking nothing away from Creech, Throp, Blackwell, even Harrison, just made a statement that your argument is bogus considering DB gets players from other schools. Heck, I don't even have a problem with that, but you opened your mouth and said "But if you really think about it, White Station is cheap, and so are all of the Memphis teams. Here we have great coaches that make our teams good year in and year out with the players that are suppose to go to the school in their district. There they get the best players from all over."

Even Waco is not commenting on this one.

I will say this. DB has players that leave and go to other schools in the area. Not for the same reasons players come to DB though. I won't get into those reasons, but you know what im talking about. My point is when players leave DB nobody makes a big deal out of it. Personally I don't care who goes where. A student should be able to go to school where ever he wants. I don't think a coach or anyone connected with a coach should "recruit" players from other schools. The coach at WS does "recruit". He just calls it something else. The people a WS will never admit this, so don't even argue the point.

WaCo B) JaCo

The way I understand the Memphis situation is that students can go to the school they choose within the Shelby County district...some choose for academics, some for sports, some for band, drama, convenience, whatever, but the choice is with the individual student (family). In Kingsport and surrounding area, if you are not a resident of Kingsport, you have to apply for admission and pay tuition , if accepted.

Some do that for academics, some for sports, some for band, some for drama, cheerleading, dance team, convenience, whatever, but the choice is the individual student (family) to decide to come and then with the school system in regard to admission...there are many applicants who are declined admittance due to factors including overcrowding and the potential of overcrowding with future student populations. D-B has always been a magnet for kids from the area and as someone else posted, kids leave D-B to participate elsewhere for a variety of reasons. I hope things work out for the students whether coming or going...things change, and will continue to change, however, Coach Pendleton is doing and will do an outstanding job at South, he is a good man and a good coach...but he will still have some kids come to D-B and D-B will have some go to South, and North, and Central, and Volunteer, and wherever...let's celebrate the kids and enjoy their efforts and allow them to appreciate their collective accomplishments.

Hey, White Station is a great team and have proven that for a few years now...I am always proud to see a Tennessee team listed in the USA Today top 25... and yes, I think some of our D-B posters are a bit over the top, but I know it to be youthful enthusiasm and I applaud that. We should be excited.

The Indians are heading to the State for the second year in a row and that is an outstanding accomplishment...I think that the Dobyns-Bennett Indians, White Station, and Bradley Central are the only three teams making a repeat trip in AAA.

That's big stuff.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

I'm afraid D-B is also going to make a repeat first round exit.

bring in all the talent from the memphis area & cheat their sat scores so they can go play ball for pretty little schools like dartmouth & yale.
Say what??? Watch the UT/Bama game tonight. Each has a former White Station player. And the one wearing Crimson is the shiznit.

I have seen both teams play, D.B. can out play the station all the way.
I saw both teams play last year and it wasn't pretty.

Confidence is one thing, this over-the-top arrogance is why the Tribe has their snobby reputation. Especially for a school that NEVER brings home the gold ball. Back2Back State appearences is a good accomplishment in itself though. Hope the Tribe is well represented in fan turnout Thursday. They deserve it.

Roll Tribe --->

Confidence is one thing, this over-the-top arrogance is why the Tribe has their snobby reputation.

What are you talking about, DB has no snobby attitude. We took our loss last year and plan to learn from our mistakes. Our boys will play hard up in Murfeesboro, and no offense, but you have no clue what your talking about.

dafuture, U mean to tell me that every person on DB's team has come up thru the DB program since Middle School? Cuz that is the way it is for WS. 5 out of the 11 players on the WS team went to WS Middle School. The others came from different MIDDLE schools. If u wanna research, everybody on this years team played on the WS freshman team when they were freshman and split time on JV/VArsity when they were sophmores. With Taylor being the exception cuz he moved here from Arkansas. We dont recruit. We only accept players that want to come to WS, we dont go beg like some schools do. 3 out our starting 5 played on the WS freshman team when they were freshman. If u wanna kno who they r just ask me. And if makin up fake ACT/SAT scores for players to go to IVY league is so easy, why doesnt DB do it? Taylor and JBall earned those grades and i find it disrespectful to them that u say u stupid stuff like that.

You guys have got the whole situation wrong, you come on here commenting on stuff you dont fully understand. Kids in underacheiving high schools in the Memphis City system can go to other schools if they wish. Thing wrong with your argument is, White Station is in an upper-middle class part of Memphis, and most of the kids that go to WS and play ball there are upper-middle class. There are as many kids on that team that are legit as on any other team in TN.