Who is the best all around player in Tennessee

shaniblue

How could you say anyone other than Corey Brewer. No one else in this state is a Mcdonald's all american. By far the best.

You can say Jamont Gordon just because he is that good. There is no one better in the state of Tennessee. If Brewer is an all American Jamont is all World because Brewer isint even on Jamont's level.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting out of hand...

Willie Kemp is not nearly as good as you all are saying he is. He's no where near good enough to go pro. In fact, I don't believe a high school kid who plays PG has gone pro yet. Kemp is a year older than everyone else, and he's still not the best sophomore in the state...or second. Brandon Wright is the best sophomore and one of the best players in country. He's ranked number 2. Thaddeous Young of Mitchell is a top 20 sophomore. Willie Kemp is not ranked as high nationally. Willie is very good, I've seen him play probably longer than most of you all when he played for Bellevue Baptist when he was 12 and 13. He's good but to say he will go pro, that's just crossing the line. I'm a fan of many players, but I have not seen one player this year who I thought could go pro, besides...maybe Wright and that is going on the assumpton that he gains about 20 pounds. I disagree with pumping a player up that much when most people across the state do not know who he is and might believe that he really is good enough to go pro. That is not what the kid needs to be hearing.

And yes, I have seen Willie play this year.

Wright is a good player that will play college basketball without question, but to say that he could go pro is very ridiculous (I do not care how much weight he gains). Tyler Smith of Giles Co. flat out-played Brandon when they met this year and I really was NOT that impressed with Tyler when I saw him at the Regional tourney. Tyler was out-played in every aspect of the game by Shane Dansby (Harpeth) and then he followed that up with a 9 point performance against Cheatham Co. (before he fouled out early in the 4th quarter). In the Sectional, I was told that both of Southside's big men outplayed Tyler (who only scored 13 points). If Smith outplayed Wright, then I don't like his chances of playing in the NBA, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Smith did not outplay Brandon in either game. At worst it was a draw. As for going pro, he still has two more years of high school ball. No one can hope to make an accurate prediction. However, I suspect that there are many more experts with significantly better credentials than you that believe he will make his living in the NBA.

Edited by jek

1-Smith is older than Wright.

2-Smith has better players around him than Wright.

3-High school players that go straight to the NBA are athletic 6'9 or taller players. Wright is the second best player in his class, if he continues to do that, he will be able to go pro. That's what the players who go pro are, they are the best in their class, and are big enough to do it. Notice I said big enough...they don't have to be as good as a 23 year old college post player..as long as they have tremendous upside, which is what the NBA scouts look at, not what you do now, what you will do in 3-4 years...No one wants to miss the next KG, Kobe, Jermaine O' Neal, etc.

Smith might have outplayed Wright, I'm sure a lot of players have. I bet Shaq would out play him, BUT those guys are also older..

3-High school players that go straight to the NBA are athletic 6'9 or taller players. Wright is the second best player in his class, if he continues to do that, he will be able to go pro. That's what the players who go pro are, they are the best in their class, and are big enough to do it. Notice I said big enough...they don't have to be as good as a 23 year old college post player..as long as they have tremendous upside, which is what the NBA scouts look at, not what you do now, what you will do in 3-4 years...No one wants to miss the next KG, Kobe, Jermaine O' Neal, etc.

what he said. However, Jamont is the best player in the state right now. Wright has the potential to go straight to the NBA out of high school based on his potential. The NBA draft is all about potential. Nowadays, the top 5 in their class all have the potential to go pro out of high school. And if you think Willie Kemp will go pro out of high school, you dont know what you're talking about because there hasnt been a single point guard to go to the NBA out of high school. Jamont is head and shoulders above everybody else right now, and yes I have seen all of the top players across the state. this argument is pointless.

I can tell you one thing. I would take the top ten players in the state and after two months of practice with any of the coaches in the state tourney and they could probably beat Tennessee. This is a little far fetched but folks we have great talent in this state at all levels and our state university reflects this poorly.

what he said. However, Jamont is the best player in the state right now. Wright has the potential to go straight to the NBA out of high school based on his potential. The NBA draft is all about potential. Nowadays, the top 5 in their class all have the potential to go pro out of high school. And if you think Willie Kemp will go pro out of high school, you dont know what you're talking about because there hasnt been a single point guard to go to the NBA out of high school. Jamont is head and shoulders above everybody else right now, and yes I have seen all of the top players across the state. this argument is pointless.

Everything you said, I repeated, and everything I said, you repeated. Jamont is the best, Brandon Wright has a chance to go pro.

Sometimes I hate being a moderator cus I can't speak my mind! <_<