Unaka Vs FRA

Rangerbook06

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale, I think that other member needs to come along too. She might brightin up the party a little. Well for you anywayz. I had a little talk with big country and I think he might have what it takes to become hardcore. It is a rough test though. Oh yea dale I got some spare tires off the ol john deer we might be able to fit on that car of yours. There not the right size but we could make it work.

You are right on the offense thrills defense kills part. I have learned that myself. If the rangers come to play and make there easy shots I think they have a win, but if they decide to stop playing things might not be so good. I think they got the heart and talent to do it though so we will just see what happens. If they come out with the W dont anybody forget about the hooters party in Nashville. Its gonna be crazy. Especialy if our female member of the mafia decides to come along. GO RANGERS!!!!

Edited by BenDover3

FRAs never been to the state tournament, but if we were betting on it, Id take a 10 point spread any day. The games going to be close no matter who wins it. There will be quarters where a team wont even score 10 points, much less get that far ahead.

that is not a Unaka fan that said Unaka by 10 .... if i rememeber correctly, shaniaguy24 is the book-keeper for Cosby .... as much as i hope that Unaka wins this game, i do not think that they under estimate FRA's ability at all .... they've both made it to the final 8 teams in class A, so i would say that there is going to be a mutual respect for one another ....

First, I am an FRA fan, just as a preface to what I'm about to say.

You cannot forget the "happy to be here" factor. FRA finished 5th in the district regular season. Could have lost to DCA in district 1st round (lost both reg season games). could have lost to both McEwen and Goodpasture in the region (lost both reg season games to gp), then went on the road and beat Summertown at Summertown(never an easy task). So, by my account, FRA is an unexpected state tourney team. Throw that in with the always fired up country school fans (especially because they're playing a private), and the lack of FRA fans due to spring break, and it looks to me like a recipe for an upset. I say "upset" because if FRA takes emotion and the opposing crowd out of the game (their style of play will help tremendously with this), then FRA should win because I cant help but to beleive that they are more talented than Unaka. Just my two cents, no intention of offending anyone.

Your right on one thing dale we need to role hardcore for sure. Its the only way to be. The Snavely Sychos are ready for the game. I have done had a talk with most of them. Im sure big eddie butler himself will be there too. FRA might as well get ready because when you mix the Sneavly Sychos with a diehard fan and former bball star like eddie there will be trouble. Ill talk to ya tommorow about those tires im sure we can find time to get um on.

Rowdytn I know you said you didnt mean to offend anyone and thats fine but how many Unaka games have you been to?How do you know they are'nt as talented? I think alot of fans like you are going to be in for a surprise come wendsday. GO RANGERS!

First off , I am a Unaka Ranger Fan, and My son plays for the Rangers.

Good post Rowdy, However...........Unaka is a public , county high school of

about 325 students. And we also bring a crowd of "fired up country fans".

I don't think any team gets to this level of play by accident, or "Unexpected" . These 8 teams have already proved themselfs as being hard working , dedicated , wanting to be the best ! and Having the HEART to take them all the way !

From all that I have heard about your team , they have a good bench, and like to play slow ball. My team on the other hand also has a good bench and LOVES to play the FAST ball .

So , Rowdy, Looks like we are in for a good game. I really don't look for a runaway from either team. And me being a Ranger fan, I'll have to say Rangers by 4.

If you happen to be there, say hi, i'll be the one in the maroon hat with a "U" on it.

oh, if thats not enough, I'll also be on the floor taking some pictures at one end of the floor or the other.

I don't think FRA will be satisfied by being at the state tourney. I understand the post, and can see it as a legitimate concern, but I just think this is a team that needs external pressure to play well. For example, they pretty much slept-walk through the regular season. They had a nice two year run after their new coach arrived, and they got used to winning. During those first two years, winning was a new experience and they took nothing for granted. This year, they just didn't respond. Being the favorite (they were favored to win the district beginning the year) as opposed to the underdog was not a role that suited them. The turnaments came along, and they were an afterthought as the 5th seed in their district. Call it what you want, but they have simply responded to the pressure and atmosphere of the tournament games. Nothing exemplifies that better than the sectional win at Summertown. I think the state tournament will be the same way. FRA will never have the most fans in the building. That won't be anything new. If FRA wins, Unaka fans will leave the gym talking about how much better Unaka is than FRA. Everybody will wonder how FRA got this far. They are not fancy, and they don't do anything exceptionally well, but they are the one team that seems to have that intangible quality that you can't measure.

The fast paced type of game has worked for them all year. Just look where they are now. I think there going to keep playing that style ball. Johny and Donald will have them ready for sure.

Ask Summertown how the fast paced game worked for them against FRA. If you try to force a fast pace vs FRA, youre going to end up very frustrated, and most teams play worse when the game isnt going like they want it. Unaka is going to have to understand that they need to not rely on their fast pace if they want to win this game.

Looking back at the shedule, I notice that FRA has allowed 41 points per game this year. That drops to 39 in the tournaments, which includes two games against CPA. As I have said all along, I am not saying that FRA will win. I am saying that if things go right for FRA, Unaka will be playing a very different game than they are accustomed to playing. That is how FRA wins, and it will be how they have to win this game - frustrate Unaka with a slower tempo. Its not fancy, but there are no style points at this time of year (sorry for the bad cliche).

I'm sorry but you cant frustrate Unaka they have played against every type of defense u can think of box in 1, 2-3, 3-2, man to man, every press, including fast offenses and slow offenses they have been through it all ask any coach around the upper east tennesee who has the toughest schedule and they will tell you Unaka.

Even though Unaka may lack the size they make up for it with there heart they play with so much emotion on the floor so if they get down u can expect them to come back they wont lay down for any team it dont matter who there playing.

Fra better be ready to play one of the toughest games of there life come wednsday

because i can assure you Unaka will come out ready to play and they will win.

GO RANGERS ;)