How Come The Schools with Christian Names Recruit

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bballfan04 Posted on Mar 12 2004 - 12:43 PM

i know that this is like adding gas to the fire, but...

how many of the people who have posted on this thread go to a private school??? b/c i think that most of the people who reply to the whole private/public thing are private school people.... the public people start talkin about it, and the private people want to argue about how they are tired of hearing it....

wildcatpride has a good post about the public/private thingy in the single a state thread... i agree with what he says there

I go to public school. Get over the recruiting thing its just an excuse for public schools that struggle.

Quite whining about Christian schools!!

Most kids that go to Christian schools go there because their parents want them to. Parents usually look for a school to send their kids -- where they can get a Christian education. The Christian schools don't typically "recruit" ballplayers, even though I know it sometimes happens. But it's not done in the way everybody thinks -- like their out there trying to round up players from other schools to come and play for their program.

So, get off the hobby horse and just realize that their are quality players in both public and private schools.

If it was the privates that recruit then why are some of the most dominant players in public schools. Isnt the main objective of recruiting to receive the most outstanding players. Jamont Gordon, Corey Brewer, Tyler Smith are three of the best players in the state and all go to public schools. The one exception in middle Tennessee would be Brandon Wright at BA. I am not saying the recruited him, but he is one of the best in Middle TN that isnt at public. I havent even mentioned east or west Tennessee, so, I am sure the are countless other great players at public schools. Over the years Memphis has proven to produce some of the most consistantly good bball teams int he state tournament and almost all of them are public.

If I go on a Mission and convert some people to christianity is that recruiting?

In most Islamic countries the pentalty is death. In India(a Hindu nation) it's only a three year prison sentence. If you take a good athlete from a public school I'm not sure how severe the punishment is?

OK..I JUST PUT THIS ON HERE TO GET A RESPONSE..I COULD ACTUALLY CARE LESS IF A SCHOOL RECRUITS OR NOT, I JUST THINK IT IS FUNNY THAT ONLY PRIVATE SCHOOL SUPPORTERS HAVE GENERALLY RESPONDED. IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER IF YOU DO OR NOT, I THINK WE ALL WOULD IF WE COULD. THIS WAS A GOOD TOURNAMENT WITH SOME MAJOR UPSETS--BUT THE DEBATE WE GO ON...THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND COMMENTS IN HERE, SAYS ALOT ABOUT YOU. HAVE A NICE DAY ;)

I edited this post, because I was misinformed about recruiting violations of some middle Tennessee schools and congrats to the Supreme Court for vindicating some of these schools. If a court vindicates you then you must be innocent....O.J. was framed..lol

Edited by troopersocko

QUOTE (jek @ Mar 12 2004 - 12:57 PM)

Why do you feel that you have the right to make an unsubstantiated

charge? If you have information regarding recruiting, then bring it

to the attention of the TSSAA. Otherwise, quit whining.

JEK WE DID..ITS' CALLED BRENTWOOD ACADEMY...LOL..

Check your dictionary for the definition of "unsubstantiated". It seems that group of individuals in Washington, DC known as the "Supreme Court" vindicated BA.

Try reading the newspapers or watching the news, you might be better informed.

charge?  If you have information regarding recruiting, then bring it

to the attention of the TSSAA.  Otherwise, quit whining.

JEK WE DID..ITS' CALLED BRENTWOOD ACADEMY...LOL..

In case you didn't notice this thread is about Christian schools. BA is a private school but to my knowledge it is not a Christian school. So your comment really doesn't apply, even if it had any merit.

charge?  If you have information regarding recruiting, then bring it

to the attention of the TSSAA.  Otherwise, quit whining.

In case you didn't notice this thread is about Christian schools. BA is a private school but to my knowledge it is not a Christian school. So your comment really doesn't apply, even if it had any merit.

Brentwood Academy is a Christian School. Although not affiliated with any single church or denomination, the basis of the school's philosophy is Christian.

http://www.brentwoodacademy.com