Gruesome Injuries

wolverine10

Last year bart berry from volunteer was catching and a player swung at a horrible pitch and with the one handed backswing he caught barts left arm just above the elbow, bart had a blood clot develop on the spot but was ok after a week or so.

Robbie duncan broke his ankle in a couple of places after a collision at second if my memory is correct.

Last week i broke my wrist just below the growth plate diving for a lazy fly ball in practice.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about 4 years ago I guess it was, I was catchin at Trewitt Middle School (It was when I was on the Knights 7-8 grade teams) and the pitcher threw a wild pitch. I got the ball and the runner on third was trying to come home and the pitcher wasnt gonna get there. So I dove and blocked up the plate. I got him out, but he took a chunk out of the back of my hand with his cleats. It scraped the muscle and I think the gash was like 3 inches long (in the direction of the pinky to thumb) and then an inch wide the other way. If it would have cut any deeper, the doc said I would have had to have surgery and be out for god knows how long. But all I got was 20 stitches and a week or two of left handed practice and switch hitting (it was on my left hand).

one guy on our team was on 2nd base and he was in a hit and run situation and the batter was suppose to hit it backside but pulled it and hit a line drive in between shortstop and 3rd. the runner on 2nd was running to 3rd and got hit right in the left side of the face. but he got up quick and dusted it off like it was nothin.

two injuries, both in summer league....

A post 19 game....a left feilder and a shortstop are both going after the same pop up. the left feilder dives as the shortstop does too and collide head first with one another. the left feilder ended up having surgery on his cheek.

A third baseman was battling the sun in his eyes, a line drive shot was hit at him, and the glare off the BA bleachers didn't help any at all. Tried to catch the ball by seeing only a shadow, the ball hit him square in the nose, breaking it. knocked him out. Eyes and face were swollen up b/c of the force of impact for about two weeks.

2 injuries, not this year- but pretty darn gross.

Centerfielder running in to make a catch, dove and turned his wrist back under him- broke his arm, and both bones broke through the skin- looked like his arm was folded back-

surgery and rehab later, he is all better.

Catcher making a play at the plate- makes the catch as runner collides with him. LOUD POP sound as the catchers right collar bone breaks and shoulder dislocates at the same time. The arm looked like it was dead, just hanging there....

All I can say about that one is it hurt like nothing I have ever experienced before, or want to ever again. I'm just now getting well enough to long toss......

Edited by NOLE