CRAIGMONT vs. SHELBYVILLE

FairInMyFavor

After Greeneville took Shelbyville to the wire last night, I wonder where the Eaglette fans are now...especially those making such bold predictions earlier.

Check Craigmont's record this season. They've lost only three...two to out of state teams. The other was a game where they lost the first one, then redeemed themselves in the rematch. Their margins of victory have been quite impressive. Of course, it remains to be seen if Craigmont can generate those kind of point totals against a defense like Shelbyville's.

Craigmont is the real deal...or they haven't been playing the level of competition found in Middle and East Tennessee.

Should be a good un. I'll be at ringside, hoping for a great game.

Shelbyville played their worst game in months. Greeneville had the only defense that can work(IF). JC used it on them the first game of the year, Shelbyville lost. The same defense the second game, Shelbyville wins +40. The difference perimeter shooting and backside rebounds. SCHS stunk it up last night from the outside. Greenville stepped their game up a notch. Shelbyville, Insell and the fans didn't panic. Ask yourself this, how does a team that shoots under 27% from the field beat a state contender?

...the pressure. Nobody does it like Shelbyville.

I've been saying that for years. That's their trademark...32 minutes of unbelieveable hustle...and yes agressiveness. They get after it as much as just about any team you'll see, espcially their guards.

They do foul a bunch. I think that's part of their game plan. You can't play with that intensity and not foul. But then, it's interesting to watch a good coach "manage" his fouls. The object is to win games, not to play 32 minutes and never foul.

It is shame that so many losers call that dirty playing.

Good luck to Craigmont and Shelbyville today. Give the fans their moneys worth.