the best 15u team

GB32

First of all they never played in the YBOA tournament. They also beat them in the substate jek. How can u say that they got lucky because of the draw. They went down there and played against teams better than any team in TN. These guys are going all the way this year.

You did not read my post correctly. I said "perhaps" they had a better

draw which "could" account for the success. I have not looked at the

AAU National results since last year and do not recall where the Royals

finished.

Did the Royals play in the YBOA state tournament? Did Nike and Royals only

play one time last year. Don't get defensive, I am only asking the question.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stretch:

You might want to review the 2003 AAU bracket results. I

found the following:

Nike - pool play 3-0

Royals - pool play 2-1

Nike - National bracket 3-2 eventually losing to 8th place "Rocktown"

Royals - National bracket 3-2 eventually losing to 14th place "Eastern KY Stars"

Look guys don't talk about the past, Nike Select has lost several of their BB players due to lack of coaching and communication. Players left the team: Tony White, Brian Wright, John Garrett and Cameron Jordan. They are not a real NIKE team they are just SELECT. The Royals do have a better all around team.

Come on now you guys are still leaving TN Thunder out. There a good team too. They have selected players from the nashville area and some players from Alabama.They should go far this year. Yes I agree The select has too many over rated players. The Royals have a good squad. But in AAU Basketball any team can get beat at any given time. :ph34r:

Shotblocker,

Who Is John Garrett going to play for? Who told you he was leaving the Nike Select? Why would he...They got #1 in the 14U State Tournament last year.If I was him Id be staying with Nike.

The word is John Garrett will be playing for Don Woods (The Royals). I have also talked with the Tennessee Traveler Coach who have Tony White, who was a big part of Nike Select last year, who led in scoring an assists. Brian Wright have been trying out for two other 15 and under AAU team.