Is Tyler Smith stayin or leavin

statebound15

First off the kid is good no doubt but he still has some stuff to work on. If he does go to Oak Hill, I'm sure the coach there isn't going to tolerate him as much as Giles' coaches do. All during the region tourney he commited stupid fouls (not to mention the tech he got during the Harpeth game). He runs the show in Pulaski but if he thinks he can do the same at Oak Hill, he's wrong. And as El Rey mentioned FREE THROWS, hes got to work on those badly.

El Rey, What about Giles golf???

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid has a temper and an attitude like I have never seen at the high school level. He hates to be foulded and when someone does lay a foul on him, he gets mad and throws little fits...remember the region tourney. Numerous times I have seen him disagree with what Coach Holt was wanting the offense to do and he simply stood on the side line and didn't move. He has all of the talent anyone should ever need, but let me promise you this, no college coach will tolerate his little temper tantrums (except Buzzy Poo).

Thats what I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by keithr

Do you realize how many times he was fouled and intentionally fouled this year?!! Since you're using the time he got the T in the regional tourney, then we'll take a look at that game. He was fouled twice tin the first 20 seconds of the game!!!! Ifg I'm not mistaken, he shot 17 free throws that game! He gets mad when someone takes his legs out and now he uncontrollable? I've seen people take him down all year, and I didn't see him do a whole lot to them( except an occasional dunk or two on them.) He's a great player with an attitude that doesn't match your accusations of him. Also, I've never seen Tyler just not do what Coach Holt says. I don't see things the same as you, but oh well. Just don't bash the best player Giles County has ever seen.

GCHS05, the kid has an attitude like it or not. But so do all the great ones. He is a great tallent. Like most people on this site, I want to see him thrive. But he will have to have sometype of an adjustment if he wants to make it at the "next level". Keith was not "hatin" on Tyler. If you can recall he has been one of Tylers & GCHS biggest supporters on this site.

Edited by FrankTheTank

WOW, can you imagine the attitude and ego on the Oak Hill team if Tyler follows Jamont north for their senior seasons.  That coach will definately have his hands full of talent and attitude.

Going North???????? I hope you know that Oak Hill isnt North it is East. It is in VA, it is in the mountains with nothing around at all. It is about a hour and half from any city. Most people on here dont realize where this is. Oak Hill is a great porgram, and one of the greatest reasons why players develop there besides their coach Steve Smith, is that they are not close to anything. There is no distractions like big parties or going out to clubs. Those kids just go up there and eat sleep and play basketball. Tyler will benefit himself or hurt himself going up there. He will have step up to play against the talent they do, but if I was a betting man I would bet on him to improve greatly. Goodluck if you choose to go.....

Edited by SportsFan98

The only people who shouldn't want Tyler to go to Oak Hill is probably his parents. His dad would have to move up there or just miss mosf of his son's senior year of high school.

The good far outweigh the bad. I know if I had the opportunity to go Oak Hill I would strongly consider it (especially if I played here at Giles County).

Mr. Nelson, you impressed me. I didn't know you knew your directions. ;)