Is Tyler Smith stayin or leavin

statebound15

Well,Mr. Neely you impressed me with your respect for your elders with MR. and all.

You are also correct, (and I won't say that often). Tyler has only one reason to stay in Pulaski.

His family, other than that nothing should keep him here.

By the way blue I was merely overcorrecting sportsfan. If he is goig to question peoples thoughts of OakHill he should make sure his statements are 100% acurate.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way blue I was merely overcorrecting sportsfan. If he is goig to question peoples thoughts of OakHill he should make sure his statements are 100% acurate.

Before you start "overcorrecting" people, learn how to spell accurate, and going..thanks. Tyler should go to Oak Hill so he can take his skills to the next level. The kid was blessed with great leaping ability to go along with his height and thickness. If he goes to Oak Hill they will drill into Tyler's head that he has to hit the outside shot to succeed. That will not happen if he stays at GC, because everyone he plays down here he can jump over. If he goes to Oak Hill the competition will be a lot better so he will be forced to hit the outside shot. As of the family thing, I am sure Oak Hill will furnish his dad a job for Tyler to come to that school.

Wow. If Tyler leaves the face of GCHS Basketball will change entirely. I have never seen a game until my freshman year, and Tyler started. I had seen him play in middle school, then he moved to Texas, then back to Tennessee at the start of school freshman year. If he does leave, it has been a pleasure watching the Birdman fly.

There have been great teams before Tyler and there will be great teams after him. Don't get me wrong, he adds a level of athletism to the game that no one else in the region or district can add. Giles will learn to win again with the talent they have as they did in 94-95. I just wish that Coach Holt would learn to make those boys play a controlled offense. They could shock so many teams by coming out and setting screens and freeing the shooters...I know that I would be impressed. I wish Tyler the best of luck where ever he goes.

I've only seen Tyler play a handful of times, and they were not his best games. Yes, he is a great player, but I will have to agree with some in saying he is full of attitude. He does not hustle back on defense, if he is not waiting for an 'oop, he really lags on offense. Coach Holt has done well trying to coach him, but Tyler seems to know more than he does, and if you do not believe me, just ask Tyler, he will tell you! Good luck to him and the 'cats, with or without him.

The plan has been all along for Smith to go to Oak Hill for his senior year. It will help him make his grades and expose him to high-level competition every day, even in practice.

Ron Slay left Nashville for Oak Hill and signed at Tennessee, so there's no guarantee that his going to Oak Hill hurts the Vols' chances of signing him.