Officiating Conspiracy

wiseman

I was just wondering if anybody noticed how the officials started calling both the single A and double A championship games today in the second half when both clarkrange and livingston were up by sizeable margins! The officials started calling these phantom ;) off the wall calls in the opponents favor!!! Some of these calls were absolutely ridiculous! In my opinion, I think the TSSAA were trying to keep the games from being blowouts, because both teams were dominating their respective games!

just wondering what everybody else thought!

Congrats to the local Upper Cumberland teams on branging the championships to our area.....where they should be!....7A & 7AA where basketball was invented!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about the 2nd game, but in the 1st gane it was pretty obvious that they were definitely trying to protect Snow. Don't get me wrong, she's a great pla, but 2 or 3 times she definitely fouled, and somehow the ref's managed to come out with another number for Clarkrange. Also, I guessed you missed Cravens changing pivot feet in the backcourt when Peabody obviously had her trapped.

Rumor in the Murphy Center crowd is an official from Maryville area will be receiving a new BMW compliments of a booster club for a big T on a young lady from Greeneville in fri nit semis.

Very interesting ;)

That's a pretty serious accusation and borders on slander....actual, libel since you put it in writing. Although you didn't mention the ref's name, all anyone would have to do is go back and see who called the T.

You even began by saying "Rumor"....and then repeated it. You know it's wrong to repeat rumors with no substantiation, especially one that is so personally damaging. If you don't know it's wrong, someone left out an important lesson as they were rearing you.

Seems like I remember a saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Maybe it's not too late to teach an "ole timer" a new trick...and something about manners.

As for the officating, I will say that it was head and shoulders above the officating in the district and region games. I will say , minus the Shelbyville/greenville game(fouls on the big girl and the T) that the officating was somewhat refreshing. They called a pretty decent game . Of course they made mistakes, but overall there was some pretty decent refs. I know that sam4vol is a celina fan , so he obviously seen that the officating was in favor of Clarkrange. I think that most of the refs were pretty good, minus a few calls. As for Volunatic I don't know who you were favoring but the officals almost changed momentum in the third quarter of the Clarkrange game, I don't hear you whining about that. I am not one to stick up for officials, but after seeing the tournaments leading up to state, they did an excellent job. I wish that all officials could call such good games through the post season as these officials did. Celina looked to have a few officials in their pockets leading up to state and so did Unaka. But hey, I am just a fan. So for once, refs you did a really good job in the tournament for mostly everyone.

Snow had two of her fouls given to her team mates. She should of had 4 fouls in the 1st half. This was notice by even the CR fans that I talked to Snow was over the back all night. She is a great player but the refs if anything were with Clarkrange. We knew this would happen anyway. This is not why we lost the game, but this mess is getting old. Wiseman, if you had lost you would be blaming the refs. You won, so be happy. The only conspiracy I ever see in Middle Tn . is the skin thing. That is putting it lightly. Yes Peabody got a few breaks, but they were all MAKE UP CALLS THAT DID NOT EVEN MATTER !!

The only conspiracy I ever see in Middle Tn . is the skin thing. That is putting it lightly. Yes Peabody got a few breaks, but they were all MAKE UP CALLS THAT DID NOT EVEN MATTER !!

This is the second time i have seen you mention the color of ones skin as to why these teams are winning. I think what we have here is a racist. The color of ones skin does not dictate whether the team wins or loses. You sir/madaam should be banned from posting immediately if not sooner. Your making accusations according to race and that has no place on this website. ;) Last time i checked Shelbyville was considered Middle Tn, so your remarks hold no merit whatsoever. What we have here is a sore loser, quit your whining and get better! ;)

Edited by devilfanatic