Beech Playday

ladyraidermom

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the word at the tournament is that #1-pieroni is having back trouble and only pitched a limited amount. #2-bagwell pitched most of the games i saw goodpasture play over the playday. devon, the eighth grader, pitched when the #2 had probably pitched her limit of games for the play day. it doesn't matter a lot, because they play awesome defense behind whatever pitcher is on the mound.

an 8th grader can play on the high school team if the middle school and high school are in the same campus/building. davidson academy had some eighth graders last year that played. baillie lott played at fra last year as an 8th grader and is sitting out this year, because she transferred to brentwood. east literature magnet girls can play as 8th graders also. those are some examples i know of--hope this helps.

Games I saw,

Coffee County defeated Lavergne, something close to 7-0. CC hit two home runs and a ground rule double. They absolutely killed the ball. I thought at first CC's pitching was weak but Lavergne is not a bad team and they didn't hit. I don't beliveve there is such as thing as a weak shutout.

Coffee County defeated Father Ryan 5-3. CC had a big inning with two outs. Same story with the pitching. Didn't appear at first that strong but 2-0, can't argue with that.

Hendersonville defeated Oakland, 2-1. Hendersonville did a great job of manufacturing runs. Moving runners and an impressive hit and run. HHS's shortstop is a freshman and is one of the fastest players I've seen.

Goodpasture pounded Hendersonville 6-0. Goodpasture hit and hit and hit. Very impressive.

With Peroni on the mound, Goodpasture is the best team in the state. You may get them late in the tournament, but they are the best team in a single- two game series. I was told that they returned 8 starters from a state championship team of a year ago. They also won the Worth Tourney last year with Peroni pitching like a fighter in a heavyweight match!!!!! Can hit, good speed, good defense. The only thing that they lack is Good Coaching. I think that they lost over 50 pounds in that category. Congrats Coach Phillips. Keep UP the good work and the pounds DOWN!!! I like to not have known you!!!!

Congratulations to the GHS for winning the playday. They have a great team & have many things to look forward to this year.

I would say that the hardest hit ball of the day must have been the one that was caught by Lee Phillips eyebrow. He took a lick, went to the hospital to get stitched up & came right back for more. It was the 2nd trip he made to the hospital on Saturday. I wish him & his wife the best. In spite of him being out, Steve D did his usual & kept the girls focused & played great.

When you are playing the best, it's not always bad when you lose. Best wishes to the gals of GHS this season-

Calm down weasel, I know you're thinking of it as game seven of the world series and all, but I don't think sbcoach was trying to steal your trophy victory. He probably just made a simple mistake. Everyone take note, "SODDY WON THE BEACH PLAYDAY, THEY ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD, PLEASE GIVE THEM THE CREDIT THAT THEY SO MUCH DESERVE".

My bad weasel, not trying to knock SD out of championship. I meant congratulations to them but also to GHS for staying in there all day, GHS just had some things happen to them that would distract most teams.

Both teams got what they wanted out of the day. Good Luck Soddy!