Clay County Position

muffin

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you have an assistant that is just truly exceptional, I usually hate to see people get hired from within. They are still seen to the kids and the Community as the assistant, not the head coach. Always getting second guessed, I know that happens no matter what, but even more when it was an assistant from the year before. Coach Sims done a great job there with numerous state appearances, but I think someone new would rekindle an already great program that is going strong.

This job will be given to someone from inside the system or someone who has ties to the system. Clay will not reach out any further than the Upper Cumberland Region and probably not out of the Tri-Counties region. I'd bet they hire someone who is already teaching at the high school or middle school. It will happen within a month!

It would really surprise me if they hire someone in the system already. Not alot of coaches that are ready. The asst. Joe has thats all she has ever done needs some time as a head coach at the Jr. High level first and the coach of the jr high now has one year as a head coach at Hermitage Springs High and two years of jr high they are just not ready for the High School level.