Cumberland County

BBALLTN

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I happen to Know a little bit about this situation as i have a friend in the school system. The fact is that the former coach had a losing record of 11-21 in 2002-03 and a record of 14-21 in 03-04. Some the best players in the county were transferring to other schools. Most of the teams that cumb county beat had losing records. Emotions will be mixed on this issue but the program was not headed in the right direction and a change had been suggested by several parents with up and coming ball players. They did not think the kids could advance and improve under the current coaching staff. The bottom line as i was told , "the talent has been there the last 2 years, but the record shows the coaching has not". As for the new coach, Who knows? I do remember leslie vanwinkle playing bball for TN TECH and maybe they need someone who has played and knows the game. If I here anything else, I will let you know.

Oh you mean teams like Bradley Cent. 23-10 Cleveland 25-6 McMinn Co. 18-11 and then Shelbyville AAA State Champion and then playing teams like Cookeville White Co. Livingston Oliver Springs Clarkrange...I get it... ;) Talk to some Coaches and see how they would like that schdule...

Oh yea Swami tell us who some of those great players are that have and or transferring are?...

Edited by BBALLTN