Temple 58 Halls 56

browniemagee

all the newspapers are reporting that Halls called t/o with 2.6 sec left and refs ignored it and left the court . is this true? if so , why did that happen ? WOW!!! in this game anything could have happened with players like Halls have !!!!!!!!

I don't remember seeing any Halls players try to call timeout. I remember seeing most of them looking in disbelief. I think what happened was they tried to call timeout but it was too late. I don't think the coaches called it immediately after he scored. I was thinking the clock was gonna stop when he scored which would have been like 1.1 seconds, but it kept running. Which is probably the mistake the coach made and then tried to call it and it was too late. I would like to hear something from the refs or someone else on this. But the free throws are what killed Halls. And that rushed shot with 10 secs left.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks wish for the post on that , i wasn't there and that really sounds like a likely senario . i listened to the game by radio and really enjoyed the flow and pace and wish nothing but continued sucess for Temple and for that matter the rest of the schools that made an appearance at M'boro ! and oh yeah...... GO HALLS TIGERS !!!!!!

Yah The Scogans brothers are great. I don't get to watch them play much but I was wondering how is their defense?? I have heard they don't play much defense just curious. I have heard of their scoring abilities and have seen them very little but do you think they play D like they should?

Oh and if they pull off a 3rd straight championship they will be the favored next season losing no one so who in TN state history has won 4 straight??

i was at the game and we missed some key free throws down the stretch but heres what bothered me late.richmond paniced and attempted to shoot the ball after holding it too long maybe thinking of a 5 second call and decided to shoot the ball.but strayhorn was at the top of the key wide open just like he was in another game.but richmond never looked to give strayhorn the ball.i was thinking at the time to call a time out so that we dont shoot ourselves out of the game.but we did actually do this when taking bad shots like a faint away by nance with a 6 point lead about 18 feet away.we could have taken a better shot.also,we turned the ball over on occasions when we could have had an easy score.little things hurt halls late.missed free throws along with the wrong people not giving the ball to the right people to make a play.also,strayhorn also gave up the ball to richmond which was shocking.that was in the backcourt when he was double teamed.but usually staryhorn would keep the ball in his hands knowing richmond is not a good free throw shooter.if we put the ball in strayhorns hands late,we probably win instead of richmnd trying to take the shot.at that exact moment seeing richmond start to just hold the ball and not give strayhorn the ball,i was thinking of a time out myself.ive scene other coaches call timeouts in crucial moments like this.the players have to be ready for a situation like this and our inability to give the ball to the right people when we need to and shooting ourselves out of a game as well as missing key free throws eventually cost us late when we usually win games late at the line.strayhorn went 9-9 at the line late in the semi final game against trenton and two clutch free throws,two clutch free throws with the game tied in region finals and won.in the substate,we give the ball to strayhorn down by one and we win it with him.why dont we have the sense to do wht has worked for strayhorn for several years by doing what it takes to let him attempt to win it for us.we didnt play smart on key plays.certain people.but it takes a team effort along with making the free throws late when you need to do so.several Temple fans were impressed with strayhorn.i could hear there wows in amazement.he certainly howe why he should have been a finalist for the award.im still proud of the kid for how far he came.hes scored well over 2,000 points for his career at halls and dont be surprised to see this young man in division 1 ball.i think he can improve on getting the shot off quickly with someone in his face off the dribble since hes an unbelievable ballhandler and hard to stop one on one.

Yah The Scogans brothers are great. I don't get to watch them play much but I was wondering how is their defense?? I have heard they don't play much defense just curious. I have heard of their scoring abilities and have seen them very little but do you think they play D like they should?

Oh and if they pull off a 3rd straight championship they will be the favored next season losing no one so who in TN state history has won 4 straight??

first off, i don't think they play d like they should... they don't play d like they play o.

secondly that is a big IF... a REALLY BIG IF unless CPA loses to grace.