WHITE STATION DOMINATES DOBYNS BENNETT

spartans3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted on your site you started RollTribe54. You said you liked your chances against WS. Now you play different fiddle. Only thing different was 5 less points to whip you with. 31 instead of 36 last year

I'm only goin' to say one thing....You go compare the population of the Tri-cities to the population of Memphis, then come talk to me. WS's talent pool is 10 times as big, WS can beat some Division 1 college teams. And No, I did not say I liked my chances, I said we HAD a chance, anything can happen in basketball. PLUS, if you would have read my other articles, you would know what I really thought. Oh yea, my opinion about DB has never changed, the loss tonight was not because of a lack of effort, so don't go sayin that I "Play a different fiddle", whatever the heck that means.

I'm only goin' to say one thing....You go compare the population of the Tri-cities to the population of Memphis, then come talk to me. WS's talent pool is 10 times as big, WS can beat some Division 1 college teams. And No, I did not say I liked my chances, I said we HAD a chance, anything can happen in basketball. PLUS, if you would have read my other articles, you would know what I really thought. Oh yea, my opinion about DB has never changed, the loss tonight was not because of a lack of effort, so don't go sayin that I "Play a different fiddle", whatever the heck that means.

Tri-Cities talent pool is larger than Cleveland's. Bradley seems to overcome this problem. White Station cannot beat any D1 teams. DB just ran into a better team but so has 98% of White Station's schedule. The population arguement is weak. Bradley has a system from middle school up and the best coach in the state.

WHAT?!?!?

The population of Memphis doesn't matter when it comes to talking about White Station. White Station isn't a citywide school. It has 1,910 students. Dobyns-Bennett has 1,671 students. Those numbers aren't very far apart, both ate among the 25-30 largest in the state.

(And no, they wouldn't beat very many D-I teams. Their top 7 are all future D-I players, sure, but there's not 50 D-I teams they'd beat. Teams like Savannah State, sure, but WS wouldn't be a 20-win D-II team, much less a decent D-I one.)

what the heck does population have to do with anything?

if it does, then somebody please tell Shelbyville that they can't win cause they ain't a big metro area like memphis or nashville.....

Dyersburg vs White Station in sub-state.....Dyersburg played white-station pretty close in the first 2 quarter, dburg actually led in the first....then White Station put it away in the second...it was about a 12 to 15 point lead until the 2 minute mark in the game when dburg put the frosh in.......

my point, Dyersburg has only about 20,000 population and still managed to play White Station within 15 points most of the game.......

it ain't the size that matters, it is the motion in the ocean :o

Edited by mg