How did Alcoa and McMinn make it to state?

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what now, If a team loses in the tournment, that means they don't belong?

Get real man. Sometimes a team can have a bad game and lose by 20 when otherwise they might of just lost by 5. Either way, lose by 20 or lose by 5, if you make it to the State Tournment, you belong there.

I agree with the last post, if u make, then you deserve to be there. I overheard some College scouts talking during the Alcoa games and they said themselves that Alcoa was getting shafted. With good officiating i think Alcoa would be playing tomorrow. I Dont Care what anyone says, if the fouls are 10-2 like it was in the McMinn County game last night and we still won i think sumthin is wrong. Alcoa got shafted in last nights game and tonight against JSS, but i aint worried i no Bolivar gonna have to take it easy on JSS so they dont beat them by 45. Alcoa 4-Life but Go Bolivar tomorrow!!!!

Boys basketball in East Tennessee is extremely weak from top to bottom. The teams that make it to state are the best the East has to offer and they almost always get embarrassed at state with the exception of Bradley and AE who usually bow out with somewhat of a fight. There are at least 10 teams in West Tennessee (not counting the Memphis schools) who could go to East Tennessee and dominate year in and year out.

I'll go ahead and list them:

Humboldt

Covington

Ripley

Fayette Ware

Chester County

Liberty

Milan

Dyer County

Union City

Martin Westview

Crockett County

And those are just the AA schools.

East Tennesse better stick to girls hoops. :justwrestle:

twhoops, I see from all your previous post that your the one from the girls basketball board. Maybe you should stay there.

True, East Tn. boys basketball was weak this year. From top to bottom, I wouldn't agree. And no its not always this weak. You should know what your talking about before you start spouting out misinformation.

State Championships won.......

Middle Tn. - 53

West Tn. - 51

East Tn. - 41

As you can see, Middle Tn. has won more championships than West Tn.

East Tn. is only 10 championships behind West Tn. I don't think you can call that weak.

Sorry for making you look so foolish......have a nice day :lol:

waCO :justwrestle: JAco

I did not even include the all West Tennessee AA final of Southside and Bolivar or Haywood who lost a close one to Southside in the quarters. Or the all West Tennessee AAA final.

Hey WaCoJaCo,

How many of those titles from East Tennessee are in single A and how many are in the last decade?

White County is the closest thing to East Tennessee to win a AA or AAA title game in 5 years. As for my ignorance. You stand corrected.

HAVE A NICE DAY

Edited by twhoops

twhoops, you just proved your ignorance again. You really should stay on the girls side.

You said boys basketball was weak from top to bottom in east tn. Now you don't want to count single A. Why, because a single A team from east tn. won the state championship today? Thats 42 state championships now for the east. And no they wern't all single A. In the eairly 90's east tn. did very well in AAA. And AA & AAA have not been all that weak until the last couple years. Both will be much stronger in the coming years. Believe it.

I think I have proved that Middle Tn. has won more state championships than West or East. So that makes Middle Tn. Kings. If the east is so weak, as you say how have they won 42 state championships. Just because its been weak for two years doesn't mean it always will be or always has been.

have a nice day

waCO ;) JAco

Got a simple Q: Of those 10 teams, how many made it to the 'Boro??

They didn't make it to state because they are all from 2 regions. Only 2 teams can make it from each region. South Side and Bolivar(who played in the state chamionship) represented 6AA and Haywood represented the other one in state. All 10 of those teams mentioned plus Lexington would beat Alcoa and mcminn.

Just because you make it to state doesn't mean you belong there. There are other teams in the state that deserved to goto state over Alcoa and mcminn.

I agree with the last post, if u make, then you deserve to be there. I overheard some College scouts talking during the Alcoa games and they said themselves that Alcoa was getting shafted. With good officiating i think Alcoa would be playing tomorrow. I Dont Care what anyone says, if the fouls are 10-2 like it was in the McMinn County game last night and we still won i think sumthin is wrong. Alcoa got shafted in last nights game and tonight against JSS, but i aint worried i no Bolivar gonna have to take it easy on JSS so they dont beat them by 45. Alcoa 4-Life but Go Bolivar tomorrow!!!!

Alcoa plays no where near the level of basketball that south side does.

twhoops, you just proved your ignorance again. You really should stay on the girls side.

You said boys basketball was weak from top to bottom in east tn. Now you don't want to count single A. Why, because a single A team from east tn. won the state championship today? Thats 42 state championships now for the east. And no they wern't all single A. In the eairly 90's east tn. did very well in AAA. And AA & AAA have not been all that weak until the last couple years. Both will be much stronger in the coming years. Believe it.

I think I have proved that Middle Tn. has won more state championships than West or East. So that makes Middle Tn. Kings. If the east is so weak, as you say how have they won 42 state championships. Just because its been weak for two years doesn't mean it always will be or always has been.

have a nice day

waCO ;) JAco

Exactly in the early 90's East Tennessee had a couple of good teams in Science Hill. I never said single A didn't count. In the last 5 years they haven't done squat in AA or AAA. With this years AA and AAA gold balls coming west that ties us with middle. So we'll share kingsmanship until next year. ;)