Best Freshman in Chattanooga area

alkaline04

but about grace.....right now we have 3 starters out due to injury/grades/and other stuff, but we beat tyner 7-0 and thats a big accomplishment and then we tied boyd 0-0....but it would be a different story if i myself, and the 2 other starters were there to play, plus our basketball players just had one practice before that game

but hopefully we will come around....how is ooltewah lookin so far?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yuo guys tied Boyd 0-0?? I hope that has alot to do with the fact that they are much improved cause they were terrible last season and Grace was quite good....

anyway...

Ooltewah has had some good showings early on, they killed Walker Valley in a preseason scrimmage, easily dismissed Hixson(Hixsons goal came when nothing but backups and JV were in), and tied a solid Notre Dame team. They just tied the #3 team in Alabama's largest classification the other day and really seem to be stepping their game to a new level for many of them. The defence is very good and should only get stronger with the addition of Gary Tackling who transferred from McCallie and had been a starter in preseason only to get injured and now coming back. That return should also bolster their offense, in allowing Micah Moss to move up front in place of Hays, who then gives Ooltewah a deeper bench to go to.... should be a good season up in Ooltewah with all the seniors actually focusing on having a good season, therein getting the younger players pumped for a strong year

The defence is very good and should only get stronger with the addition of Gary Tackling who transferred from McCallie and had been a starter in preseason only to get injured and now coming back.

Unless Gary has improved alot I doubt he is going to make much difference on their team. I'm not saying this to insult him or the Ooltewah team, but he transfered from McCallie's JV team, on which his performance didn't impress many.

Gary Tackling is a solid player, but hasn't played/practiced with the Ooltewah team in over 3 weeks now due to knee surgery, he is expected back in the next month or so. Tackling will add depth to the defense when he is healthy, unfortunately he will not be healthy when that depth is playing with out two starting defenders.

yeah that guy dogging saying tackling was nothing at mccallie last year on JV?? if memory serves me right here... wasn't tackling only a freshman at mccallie last season? seriously i know youre not dogging a freshman for playing JV at one of the best soccer programs in tennessee?? i mean the only freshman who start or even play varsity for mccallie usually are recruits who were brought in for that particular reason....what? did gary not get the redsirt year usually afforded to freshmen? nevermind this is high school.... the kids gonna be a real help for Ooltewah down the road... no need to get on him about his freshman year of high school... its a tough year whether you play a sport or not

Nothing personal to Gary, I was friends with him last year, but if he means a lot to Ooltewah's defense, than Ooltewah's defense isn't too good. Gary can't use his left foot(I think he only used it 3 times all season last year). With Ooltewah's keeper only a sophmore and Gary only a sophmore, their defense will be a lot better in the next 2 years. I think that Jeremy will get a couple of shutouts because of his skills, or the team's. Good luck to Ooltewah this year.

well, PSAFOUR, im sure those guys are very good. Gary is just important to Ooltewah because they can use the depth that he'll offer up, also, Gary is a Sophomore, I know I personally grew as a player by leaps and buonds from freshman to sophomore year,... and being only a sophomore allows the guy 3 seasons to keep getting better by playing at the varsity level rather than being buried on McCallies JV thanks to recruited kids among other things... Gary will be good