Memphis

OrangeCrush23

Hey Memphis, you're supposedly the best at basketball...but where are you at other sports?? Farragut (State Champs) AND Bearden were in the State Championship in soccer, and Farragut was 48-1 (only loss to Germantown) in baseball, State Champs and was #2 in the country. What's wrong, can play anything else except basketball???

P.S....I'm just kidding guys. I don't follow soccer or baseball (as much as I used to). I know this would ruffle some feathers though.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like its been said many times before in post like these; memphis is a basketball city. it lives and breathes the sport. then comes football. some of this has to do probably with teams like the grizzlies and tigers. where as in middle tennessee they probably focus more on sports like football, because of the titans, and then i guess they do baseball, just because. darn, i dont know why on baseball. oh well. but memphis is a basketball town, and a football, and you cant argue about football because Germantown won the state, and Melrose got to the semifinals.

It doesn't list Germantown as being in Memphis. It seems like East Tennessee is holding it's own against the rest of the state. Fulton beat Covington 36-9. Boyd Buchanan beat Donelson Christian Academy 26-3. Morristown West made a State Championship appearance against Hillsboro but was spanked 21-0. Morristown West somehow beat out Maryville, but Maryville could have beaten just about any team in the state, and they have the last 3 years. Austin-East had a great year, getting beat out in the tourney by eventual State winners Fulton.

If you go to CoachT and search for the schools in Memphis, none of their schools were in a State Finals game. So I can argue with you about football. Leave us something..Memphis bullies :lol:

You make it sound like I said something horrible..."at least pull out a map before posting such things." I went to CoachT and searched for Memphis schools and Germantown was nowhere to be found...Sorry I didn't take a field trip to be sure. Fine..Germantown is part of Memphis. One team in the State Finals. Why are we talking about football??? Well, I guess basketball season is over now.

WaCo's got my back.

OH YEA Memphis is just so great at basketball...is that why that had all of 1 team in the state championship games? the only reason memphis is considered so good is because they got so many schools so it appears that they dominate when they send a few teams to state but really they got sum loser schools just like everywhere else. hey why aint hardeman county got the best basketball teams, we got 2 high schools, Bolivar=AA state champions and Middleton=blew a 12 point 4th quarter lead to halls in sectionals that kept them out of murfreesboro.

OH YEA Memphis is just so great at basketball...is that why that had all of 1 team in the state championship games? the only reason memphis is considered so good is because they got so many schools so it appears that they dominate when they send a few teams to state but really they got sum loser schools just like everywhere else. hey why aint hardeman county got the best basketball teams, we got 2 high schools, Bolivar=AA state champions and Middleton=blew a 12 point 4th quarter lead to halls in sectionals that kept them out of murfreesboro.

You put R-E anywhere on the bottom bracket, and the R-E/Bolivar game is the championship. As soon as I saw the bracket I said the winner of that game would win the state, and I was right. I don't think I'm the only one who said that.

And before you get too cocky, just remember that if Raleigh-Egypt shoots 30% in that game, Bolivar would have been one and done. Don't try to pretend that you dominated the game. You did what it takes, and that's why you've got the gold.

The sign of a great team is to win the games when they count. Seems like Raliegh Egypt didn't do that. It's easy to say after the tourney's over that your team would be in the championship game if they had been in the other bracket. They probably would have lost anyway since they would have had to play Bolivar again.

The sign of a great team is to win the games when they count. Seems like Raliegh Egypt didn't do that. It's easy to say after the tourney's over that your team would be in the championship game if they had been in the other bracket. They probably would have lost anyway since they would have had to play Bolivar again.

1) They aren't my team.

2) They won a bunch of games that counted. They just played the best team there in the first round and lost by three.

R-E didn't have anything to do with their bracketing, they weren't quite as good as Bolivar on the day that mattered.