Brown out at Macon Co.!

regit

Come on man we aren't in the 5th grade anymore. Wins are what put people in the seats and that brings money. Yea it is great that he is teaching them about life and all that but he also needs to teach a little about basketball it looks like. Actually I am not the only one who cares about wins and losses, apparently MC does too because attendance wasn't quite what it is used to being. And you can say this each player is a winner crap... but like I said we aren't all in the 5th grade anymore. I know when I compete at anything I want to win that is what a true competor does.

Yes agree I want to win at everything I do, even in checkers. But you do not know anything he teaches about basketball because I know you never went to a practice with that comment. No team worked harder in the state of TN than his team. No team. And if you are going to talk about the seats there are two games that are played on tue. and fri. nights. Not only the boys!!

Edited by kcothron

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post orange crush as well as you cothron. We can complain all nite (which I'm not doing anymore, I'm going to bed) but the fact of the matter is a good man with a family lost his job a couple of days ago and that to me is a serious matter, but there is no changing it so though there may be some more talking on here its time to move on and whoever gets the job needs everyones support. The boys teams is in the right direction. We have a bunch of guys that know the value of working hard to becoming a better player and there is no discipline problems on the team whatsoever so though it will take several years to get talent to come up thru middle school to the highschool, this is not a bad situation to come into if we get out of the district that we are in. The fact is that even when we were really good back in the day we wouldn't have been able to come out with any district championships in this district and honestly we would have finished middle of the pack for several of our best years. But good luck to Coach Brown, you've taught these guys a lot about priority and life in general. You will be missed and you will make someone a really good head coach one

I swear this is my last post of the nite.........PRETTY GOOD!!!!???? Those guys won 5 games, they finished somewhere around 5 and 11. I do remember that team well and they didn't do anything. They had some talent, but they all quit even before highschool and that was when Coach Prock was still coaching the team. So don't even start saying stuff like that when you don't know.

Really guys to tell you the truth I dont care about this stuff. I do think that he should have been fired, there is nothing that you can tell me about his integrity or anything that will change that. I just wanted to put my opinion on here and everyone jumps me about my it. Whatever though numbers dont lie and 1 win is deserves to get fired in my book. Like I said earlier I wish him the best of luck. This is nothing personal against him, this is like they say "business". The best thing for both sides is for him to leave or get fired or whatever. If what you say is true about everyone saying how "great" of a job he is doing then he will have no problem finding a job.

I know for a fact that this senior class was pretty good in Jr. High. They didnt win thier district probobaly because RBS.

There was one senior from that Jr.High team even on the team. And 2 guys on that team moved away and one went to Hermitage Springs and the others didnt even play because they heard all the stories about how hard it was.

Edited by kcothron

I swear this is my last post of the nite.........PRETTY GOOD!!!!???? Those guys won 5 games, they finished somewhere around 5 and 11. I do remember that team well and they didn't do anything. They had some talent, but they all quit even before highschool and that was when Coach Prock was still coaching the team. So don't even start saying stuff like that when you don't know.

Prock wasn't coaching the team and I am talking about the group that will be seniors next year. The juniors from this year.

First of all let me say i'm an outsider to Macon Co. However, I do know coach brown. He is one smart individual when it comes to running the style of offense he runs. Like has been stated before he just doesn't have the talent to compete in the second toughest district in AA in the state. For those of you who want to compare his wins and losses with the middle school, ask yourself if the middle school is playing the same teams? No, they are playing almost entirely single A schools and there is no comparison between the two. In closing, I don't care if you guys get Bobby Knight to be your coach. With the current talent pool and the district you play in you aren't going to be successful.

And the people said, AMEN. I too am an outsider (although my cousin played for that much talked about 98-99 team). You do not have the talent to compete in that district. Heck, Upperman, Smith and Jackson Co.'s district would wipe the floor with you as well. Face the facts. There are no Jody Bently, Josh Shoulders or even Danny Kempf (for you old timers) type athletes there. At least not playing for the school. It always amazes me how many guys talk about how good they could have been. Talk is cheap. Show me the money. Coach Brown is a good coach and a better human being. Madcow, people like you are what is wrong with high school athletics. The true bottom line is making the most of what you are given and working hard to improve. Why isn't everyone calling for Carter's job after the way the girls rolled over this year. Because his politics run deep. Madcow, you are obviously either one of those "talented" guys who were too lazy to play or his father. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. ;)

Great post bigchief, thats exactly what I tried to say last nite. We don't even win that CRC district in jr high and we are the biggest school by far in it. That shows you what kind of talent that we have (or don't have) at MCHS. Its a shame that Coach Brown got jobbed like he did. He was doing a great job, its just most kids don't take basketball seriously up at Macon, they never really have with the exception of a few teams that we've had up there, but they would always play because it was easy and they never had to do anything as far as offseason conditioning or weight training. I was with the program before and I will tell you that all that stuff wasn't being done up at MCHS. We are pretty low right now in terms of talent but Coach Brown came in and done the dirty work and right now we do have a solid foundation for this program to be good again. By the way, you really went with the way back bigchief bringing up Danny Kempf and Jody Bentley, ;)

Well, 1986 was a good year for Macon b-ball. Joey Tuck was a good high school player, but his height (haha) hurt him in college. Is Danny the K still around L-town? Sorry I only get up there about twice a year. Of course, last year my coaching assignment took me up there a couple of times. How is old coach Shrum doing? Is he still running a gym out of his barn? Is Darian considering going back home to KY? Give me the scoop on that Harper Valley PTA up there. Also, if Jody Bently is not the best player to come out of Macon, then I don't know who is. (Except for the great one Nera White of course).

Edited by bigchief

Here's the way I see it, sorry for being offensive to anyone but my goodness. It is ridiculous for players to quit a team because they don't like the coach. That is one of the worst excuses anyone could give for quitting a team. I don't care who you are. If they don't want to gut it out and play the absolute hardest they can just because they don't like the way things are run under the coach...then they need to shut their mouths with putting down the coach! When you play a sport, you don't play just because somebody asks you to do it. You play because you love it and want to excel in the game. It's a shame to let a coach get in your way! If you don't like the coach, then transfer or quit and stop talking smack about the man running the program! I know Coach Brown and he is top of the line. He just didn't have anything going for him in Macon Co. Good luck coach and best wishes from Red Boiling Springs.