What is going on at Melrose?

BHSfootball

I was just reading through some stuff on this website and cam across an article about some Melrose track/football athletes being expelled or something? Can somebody from Memphis shed some light on this situation, as it was in a Memphis newspaper. Please help me out. Thank you in advance.

Expelled, huh? Man, if it really was some of those track and field athletes that got expelled then that is just a shame. They have so much talent and had only lost one guy from last year and they probably would have repeated this year.

I was able to get a link to the story and do some investigating.

The two track guys expelled were Corey Kizer, the Class AAA 400-meter state champion and senior sprinter Andrew Tinsley.

"That's two of our (state champion) mile-relay team right there," Coach Rodney Peterson said of Kizer and Tinsley "Now somebody's going to have to step in for us."

Both ran on the state-champion mile relay team and I believe the 200.

The two track guys expelled were Corey Kizer, the Class AAA 400-meter state champion and senior sprinter Andrew Tinsley.

"That's two of our (state champion) mile-relay team right there," Coach Rodney Peterson said of Kizer and Tinsley "Now somebody's going to have to step in for us."

Man, that's a big blow to their team right there. Looks like their 4X4 team will not be so good after all. Looks like your boy Bryan Webb has got the 400 Meter Dash win in the bag now, eh?

Man, that's a big blow to their team right there. Looks like their 4X4 team will not be so good after all. Looks like your boy Bryan Webb has got the 400 Meter Dash win in the bag now, eh?

Not hardly. We still need to pracitce as though we are going to meet an even stronger Melrose team than last year. But this is definitely going to help us out this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody's saying they won't be tough. They have enough athletes walking their halls to fill 4 or 5 people in each event, and good ones at that. But when you lose two defending state chamions and you start relying on two hurdlers to carry you, the going gets a little tougher. It'll be interesting to see what they are still able to do on 4x400.

The 2 guys made fake bombs by putting vinegar and baking soda in 20oz bottles and put ballons over the cap and threw them in the halls cause them to pop. One of the kids was on scholorship to play football at ole miss but due to the accident he has lost his scholorship. This will be a major "hurdle"(track humor) in their way to state, but its melrose so u know they got plenty more runners like him. Some of their best athletes at Melrose that are fed from the Orange Mound community arent even out for track and that takes alotta dept out of their team. but never doubt the golden cleates of Melrose High they'll always make their way to state without a doubt