Best Coaches in the State

world cup

McKenize's soccer program just started this year but from what I've heard they have an awesome coach ... He used to play on the Olympic team for some big country ... Maybe Australia? Don't hold me to that tho ... I'm not certain that's where he's from but he did play soccer in the pro's ...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken McDonald of FRA. There is something a/b him that makes you not want to let him down. If you do something wrong, he's not gonna get all over you, but you never wanna make that same mistake again. It shows in the improvement of both the guys and girls programs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Tony Meyers at McCallie also a successful coach at a school in Virginia before he came to McCallie?

You're thinking of Kevin Simms. He had one or two state championships in VA. His McCallie boys won in 1999 and were runner up in 2000. His GPS girls teams were runner up once or twice.

Weekly's girls have won 5 championships and boys have won 2 with several runner ups between them.

I think when you can coach both boys and girls to their respective championships, it's an impressive feat.

Edited by takedown3

Anyone know whatever happened to the guy that use to coach Kingston, Luc? He was a great coach and a good guy.

Zizou,

I think he has decided to focus on his Career, and coach the younger kids which he always say was his joy. I definitely think the high school has lost another good character. How do you know him anyway?

clovis simas of tca has coached the team two years. he played for brazil's national indoor team for some time and went to the national championship and won one of the two times his team went. he is an amazing coach and has turned their program around as they are now one of the top competitors of a/aa soccer in west tn.