Volunteer Falcons

doubleplay96

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can all you guys just worry about sports when Chucky is in a battle for his life. Wake up...he's a person and needs people to know that we care about him more than his problem!!!! Football...basketball...does it really matter in the end if he crash and burns?

Geez...you people need to be less self-centered! Get better Chucky. We love you if you never score another point or take another snap.

Edited by VHS2003

Sometimes God has a way of interveaning in things. VHS2003, I had written you a very pointed reply. I still do not think there was anything wrong with it. When I hit the button to post it something went wrong and it did not make it on the board. Now I cannot remember how I said what I said and I do not want to say it any other way.

I will say that I think your tirade was out of place. Everybody who has posted on the subject are Chuck's friends and are praying for him. This is a discussion of high school sports. I think it would be improper for us to discuss the REAL problem. If you want us to, we can. You probably would not like the discussion.

Just because we discuss how what has happened will affect the teams does not mean we do not care about Chuck. I love Chuck and only wish the best for him. But the rest of the Volunteer family is affected by the recent events. The mystery surrounding the situation as well as the timing tends to put Volunteer High School in a bad light. Regardless of what you think, it is a legitimate concern.

I did not appreciate your tirade. In fact I was proud of my restraint in my reply, both my first one and this one, to you. You were completely out of line with your accusations.

Edited by CHHS72

I expected such a response from you CHHS72, since the subject matter hits close to home. A person's real family is much more important than a superficial sports team family...that was the point. There are much bigger issues at stake than where he will throw footballs, shoot basketballs, or which team is hurt the most.

Law school standards must have drastically increased since the 70's if a second year college student can spell legitimate correctly and an attorney can't... <_<

Good luck Chucky...prayers are being said for you.

Edited by VHS2003

I expected such a response from you CHHS72, since the subject matter hits close to home. A person's real family is much more important than a superficial sports team family...that was the point. There are much bigger issues at stake than where he will throw footballs, shoot basketballs, or which team is hurt the most.

Law school standards must have drastically increased since the 70's if a second year college student can spell legitimate correctly and an attorney can't... :(

Good luck Chucky...prayers are being said for you.

825315419[/snapback]

You're both from Hawkins Co. What's the differance between "legitimate" and "ligitimate"??

;)

I think you were a little tough on folks here. You sound like you have an axe to grind. I went back and read the posts and most were up beat and from people that care about Charles. You jump in here from nowhere and want to down everybody. How have you helped Charles? No one said anything about why he left. Charles is going to school in Twin Springs and that's that. Good luck to the family and I know they know I mean it. Let's move on!

As volfalcon said ,"the fight starts tonight at 7:30."

P.S. I'm no english major and don't want to get into a spelling bee with ya.

I didn't use as much restraint as I would have liked so I did the edit thing.

Edited by ulcpanther

Since my son doesn't play football, I feel as if I shouldn't say anything, but, I'm a grad and have known most of these kids since they were knee high, so what the heck. The school and the team will move on. It's not as if star players haven't transferred out before. Good luck to Chucky. He will have the support of his friends and family wherever he goes and whatever he does. The team still has plenty of talent, and most of the time, this type of thing pulls a team together. IMHO, they will step up and Git 'R Done. Good luck and Go Falcons. P.S., I THINK I spelled everything right, but if not, I'm sure someone will let me know.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker