Hillsboro Football

gator

Agree, Maryville in not only one of the top programs in the state but class is also a MHS trait. Hillsboro earned the respect and are the defending state champs going into the season, they will be a tough foe for all this season. To get respect you must also give it when earned and both programs have earned it.

RebelRaider

I hope you are right. I hope Maryville goes 15-0 and wins the state title.

Maryville will be very strong this year if they stay hungry and stay away from key injuries. Maryville will not cakewalk through the season. Look at the schedule.

8/21 at Carter. Carter will be much improved. Brett Stanton AND Garrett Reynolds are very good players. I think Carter returns most of their starters. Carter lost a bunch of close games last season. They could have easily been 7-3 last year.

8/27 Alcoa. Alcoa returns nearly everyone from a team that made it to the 2A semifinals. Brandon Warren and Dustin Lindsay are 2 of the top juniors in the state. Alcoa will go far in 2A this year.

9/3 at Halls. Halls will return a bunch of players from a 5-5 team. I expect them to be much improved.

9/10 at Heritage. Heritage will be improved this year.

9/17 at MOWest. MOWest is losing 10 starters from their defense. They are losing several players from offense. MOWest will still be a very good team because they are well coached.MOWest has a good program.

9/24 William Blount. WB has some very good skill players. Ronald Osbourne and Brad Walker are two of the best athletes in East Tennessee. They will be tough.

10/1 Powell. Powell has a couple of transfers coming in that will help them out a lot. Powell has great linemen. Big and Physical.

10/15 at West. West always has good athletes and always play Maryville tough.

10/22 Knox Central. Knox Central always have some of the best athletes in Knoxville. They are always tough on defense.

10/29 Clinton. Clinton was very young last year. They will be better this year.

Spoken like a true Maryville fan................

How is that like a true Rebel fan?

99% of us Rebel fans do not like RebelRaider's trash talk. When a Maryville fan talks trash they should ask theirselves what George Quarles and his staff would have to say about that? I know what they would say. The same thing that Ted Wilson,Lynn Brown and Don Story would say. They would hate all the trash talking. All those coaches have instilled discipline and class. Those coaches care a lot about being classy in winning and being classy in defeat. Those coaches care more about Maryville having class than they do about winning.

Since this is a Hillsboro thread I will quit talking about Maryville.

Like I said earlier. I think that Hillsboro now has a strong program. They are not a 1 hit wonder. Ron Adelott and his staff do a great job. I expect them to be strong every year. Hillsboro is well coached and has great athletes.Success will breed success. Kids will start coming out for football even more at Hillsboro now.