linebackers

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just a guess but I think the starters will be :

Offense:

QB - Cade Thompson 6'3" 180

RB - Ryan Tallent 5'10" 190, Antonio Byner 5'8" 175, also seeing time John Hughes 5'10" 180, Tank Baker 5'10" 200, Adam Parnell 5'11" 190

OT - Rhett Brooks 6'2" 230, Bobby Browning 6'1" 260

OG - Matt Gardner 6'2" 255, Jimmy Wallace 6'1" 250

C - Cory Everett 6'1" 225

WR - Andrew Clement 6'0" 170, Kirk Harris 5'11" 175, Steven Childs 6'0" 185 also seeing time Tyler Maples 6'1" 170, Kat Kimsey 5'9" 180, Ryan Reisser 5'9" 160, Ryan Jenkins 6'3" 180

Defense:

DE - Jeffrey Smith 6'1" 245, Justin Voto 6'1" 190(?)

DT - Adam Cable 6'1" 215, Gary Tucker 6'3" 260/Aaron May 6'2" 270

LB - Matt Valentine 6'1" 230, Jon Lawhon 6'1" 200, Adam Parnell 5'11" 190

CB - Matt Cox 6'2" 175, Curtis Tate 6'1" 165/Kirk Harris

S - Dave Garner 6'2" 175, Andrew Clement/Caleb Edmiston 6'1" 170

825 Lawrence.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Stars like always you are on top of it with a great post. I hope this is a better year in terms of injury. I think injury and consistency was the only thing that stopped the Rebs from getting another gold ball last year.

I don't know about Tucker at DT, he may stay on the OL. I also noticed Smith got most of his spring drill at DT. Voto could also move to LB and Valentine who is about 245 could move inside due to speed. MHS thrives on LB's with speed because playing your position is Gaylor's, Pinkerton's and Thompson's main focus. Maryville has had great success with kids who are not D1 but step it up to play like it every year, simply by staying at home on defense. If injury again haunts I am not sure who is going step into the positions but I do think MHS will have the most talented team they have had in three years. I am very excited for this year’s team

alcoa is a great team for their division, and they have made many improvements and are definately not very young anymore, but i still dont think they can compete with a top dog in 4a, dont get me wrong though, for once im not trash talking and saying alcoa is good, but i still dont think they have enough to take on maryville and win

thats probley the smallest front 7 maryville has had but still very atheltic but i dont think athletic enough to handle some of the local teams

If anything this front 7 will be bigger and more physical than last season. Valentine is about 40 pounds heavier than last season. Parnell, who played DT last season will replace Larry Hannan at OLB who weighed 160 soaking wet. If Tucker goes to DT as expected, he will be bigger and more athletic than anyone Maryville had there last year. Smith is a year older and stronger. Same for Adam Cable who started last year as a soph. Jon Lawhon shows promise at the other OLB, with good size, speed, and strength.

825 Lawrence.

Go Rebs.

I've acctaully seem the Alcoa team work during the day and they do have some size. and with that they also looked like they had some depth with it. i expected Alcoa to be good but i think they might be better then what i thought. offensivly they bring back the works. Joei Fiegler(6'3 190) could easliy be one og the top QB's in 2a. and ofcourse everybody knows Brandon Warren and Dustin Lindsey. but the line will be where Alcoa wins. they have what it takes to make it to the Boro. the only thing i see wrong with Alcoa would be their secondary. kind of shaky, but they should have a stud out there by the name of Darrius Sudderth. i see it close this year either way liek last year Alcoa just kind of ran ot of gas. i dont see it that way this year though. good luck to both teams, hope both win it all!

I can't help but to agree with vols. you mentioned those outstanding football players but failed to say anything about Ray Sikes. the 6'4 215 defensive end is going to be an all-state football player and maybe go on to play in college. the hting is Maryville just reloads year in and year out. how about that QB battle of Cade Tompson and Joei Fiegler? either way, football season needs to get here, i feel as if i have no life during the week :blink: