farragut vs. Mcminn co.

soccerplaya9

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parady??? Where is there any parody? Whoever is saying that is either an IDIOT who doesn't know soccer, or he is from McMinn Co. Or wait just a minute... he must be from both. Only an IDIOT FROM McMinn Co would say such outlandish things. Look, I am not a fan of any school, but I am a fan of great soccer. I have read and heard all about the CBHS/Farragut game and I believe it was close. But after seeing Farragut play and CBHS play Bearden, there is no question Farragut is the better team. As for McMinn, congratulations on a great year so far. You beat a Bearden team that is reeling, a Catholic team that is overrated (which Farragut easily took care of), and then you struggled and were dominated against Farragut after scoring a quick goal. What did you REALLY do after the goal? LOOK AT THE STATS. Anyway, from my accounts (and talking to a friend who coaches at Dalton), McMinn is playing off emotion and adrenaline right now. You caught Farragut at a bad time coming off a incredible DOUBLE OT victory over a dominant Georgia team. McMinn just got finished beating an Alabama team that might win one or two games if playing in Tennessee. The point is McMinn, this might be your year to do BETTER than past seasons, but its a FAR CRY to say that it is YOUR YEAR state wide. The deal is, stop talking so big because you really haven't done anything yet. Go to the state tournament this year without getting blown away and THEN maybe you can talk. But don't come up 1 goal short against the defending champs being outshot so badly, AND after what they went through the night before, then declaring this is YOUR YEAR. NEWS FLASH: NOBODY CARES YET. And actually, most people are probably laughing. You only make yourself look bad when you get on here talking such game when you haven't done it on the field yet. Farragut, and other have earned the right to talk. They can back it up. Cn you? NO!!! You know what YOUR YEAR is right now?? This is "YOUR YEAR" to shut up, play soccer, and see what happens when its all over. Next year, after you accomplish "something" this season, we will all let you talk. Until then, we are all tired of hearing from McMinn Co.

-GOOD DAY

and by the way... is there any chance you all are kidding??? Is anyone ACTUALLY scared of McMinn Co???

well... i know some people from England... and my grandfather moved here from England(Blackburn County to be precise, Lancashire if you must know the city)... and my moms side of the family is from Norway(Bergen, its on the Atlantic coast)... I wa raised on soccer,and taught that american football is for wussies(replace the 'w' with a 'p') because any sport with that many pads just shows that those players are too scared to play a real mans sport like soccer or rugby, where the most pads you where are shinguards, and you have constant action without all the timeouts and breaks that you get with american football... heck you don't even have to be in shape to play american football

well... i know some people from England... and my grandfather moved here from England(Blackburn County to be precise, Lancashire if you must know the city)... and my moms side of the family is from Norway(Bergen, its on the Atlantic coast)... I wa raised on soccer,and taught that american football is for wussies(replace the 'w' with a 'p') because any sport with that many pads just shows that those players are too scared to play a real mans sport like soccer or rugby, where the most pads you where are shinguards, and you have constant action without all the timeouts and breaks that you get with american football... heck you don't even have to be in shape to play american football

You are obviously from Farragut where they try to play American football as you call it. Play at a real football school and you will see how in shape you must be.

actually I went to Ooltewah, where my senior year they went to the state semi-finals(2002)... and actually I have mad respect for those guys. However, I know for fact that the majority of football players would be useless on the soccer field because they do not have the footspeed agility and most importantly the stamina to compete in a soccer match, that and most football players would get red carded were they to play soccer because of all the cheap shots that take place, both intentional and unintential,as well as their propensity to retaliate with violence. some football players are good enough athletes to be able to play, however that is a small majority. soccer players, however, would be a perfect fit for conerback, widereciever, or really any of the football "skill positions" thanks to the all around athleticsm soccer promotes with agility, speed and physicality that are soccer mainstays. oh and believe you me... if most football players I know(bennett and falls yall don't count) were to try and play a game where they had to run the equivalent of 6 miles(running, sprinting, and jogging), in 90 minutes(the standard amount midfielders run throughout a match) then they would more than likely be flat on their face by halftime...and youre arguing on a soccer board so your argument is going to have more detractors than mine(there are soccer players who play football who may argue with some of what I have to say, but I really couldn't care less, because Ive witnessed both sports firsthand and am just arguing my opinion, and argue till youre blue in the face, you have no evidence that can prove me wrong or sway my opinion)

What position did you play in football? I also played 4 years of soccer and football in highscool. I agree that an average football player could not get out on the soccer field and dominate. It's a lot different.....and I do agree that you have to be in better shape to play soccer...because you run on the average over 5 miles in the soccer game, and more in the midfield posistion...how ever...where I disagree would be the part about you saying that you dont have to be in shape to play football. That is ridiculous, obviously you have never really played football.....I'm a pk in college and can voutch personally when in the post season 6 am workouts are a daily thing.....you have to be in shape to play football...but its different....football is quick spurts then a rest, quick spurt, rest....soccer is go go go go go.....football is sprinting every play...where as soccer with the legit teams is about ball control, possession, and great passes, and the legit teams dont have to kill themselves becaues they can pass around the defense....but there is times where you do sprint in soccer, a lot of times actually...but in football its one sprint after another...when you have on pads....and taking the beatings these players do, you have to have your body in tremendous shape to take the beatings.....in football practice, you dont run Indian drills around the soccer field, or have to make 2 miles in a certain time in most cases, its a ridiculous amounts of sprints, ladders, 40,60,80,100's, 100's, 80, 60, 40...and so on.....so to say you dont have to be in shape is a biast comment....soccer is my favortie sport, but in collge I prefer to play football......imagine being a middle lineback for the University of Tennessee.....taking hit after hit, sprinting across the field, all over the place, taking beatings, you have to be in shape....wheather or not you agree is fine, but everyone is entitled to their opinions on this board.....I have played both sports....you said that football is for wussies....think about the size of the average soccer player....5'9 under 170 pounds...thats the average...contact is limited in soccer...Rugby I believe is entitled to argue that it is rouger than football.....just because you where pads in a sport does not mean you are worthless....would you like to tackle and 210 running back comign up the middle head on with out a helmet or pads?? Untill you have played football then how can you say you have to be a "wussy" to play? Soccer players are small.......quick....and can run for days....2 different sports, you can't even start to compare....in my "OPINION" Rugby is rougher than both of these sports....and soccer is just a different game then football, you arn't trying to kill someone every play.....most football players would not make a soccer team unless they goto a small school....or they grew up playing soccer since they were small and recruited to kick for the football team...then thats different.....you talk about soccer players playing the skilled positions...that is true...they are quick....but put your 170 pound frame at middle linebacker and think abuot what might happen? I didn't reply to bash anyone, but just to simply point out the negative message that "staynschool" was giving to football, look at this from an unbias prospective like I do.....think about each side.....to summerize this book ridiculous amount of stuff I just typed.....IN SOCCER YOU HAVE TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE, A DIFFERENT TYPE OF SHAPE, FOOTBALL YOU ALSO HAVE TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE TO RUN SPRINT AFTER SPRINT AND REST, THEN SPRINT, REST, SPRINT REST, SPRINT REST...GET KILLED....REST.....SOCCER IS ALSO A ROUGH SPORT...BUT HAVING THE AVERAGE BODY WEIGHT NOT BEING OVER A 170 POUNDS IS A LOT DIFFERENT THAT FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL PLAYERS CAN NOT GET ON A SOCCER FIELD AND DOMINATE UNLESS THEY HAVE GROWN UP PLAYING SOCCER, AND IF THEY DO, ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE AN ATHLETE, ITS BECAUSE THEY DONT PLAY FOR A LEGIT TEAM AND MORE THAN LIKELY IS A SMALL SCHOOL WITH A WEAK SCHEDULE. NOW MORE THAN LIKELY YOU ARE GOING TO SAY THAT YOU WEIGH OVER 170 POUNDS....I DONT REALLY CARE, BUT NEXT TIME YOU WATCH A SOCCER GAME, COUNTY HOW MANY PLAYERS YOU THINK ARE OVER A 175 POUNDS, AND OVER THE HEIGHT OF 5'9....ALWAYS BE OPEN MINDED AND HAVE EXPERIENCE FROM BOTH SIDES BEFORE BASHING ONE OR ANOTHER......

alright you are correct about american football players being in sprinting shape as well as shape enough to be constantly pushing on another human being(I played Tight End and Linebacker in High school if you must know, 6'5" 225 at the time) if you wanna bring size into the argument... and as far as my senior class' soccer players... only 2 of the 6 seniors that played regular minutes were under 6' tall... Me(6'5"), Falls(6'), Givens(6'3"), and Carrico(6'1)... Hamlin and Malek were 5'10 and 5'9 respectively and everyone with the excetption of Malek was over 175... and if you look at european players you'll see that 175 is a pretty common goal over there(none need to be any heavier because when you gain mass you lose speed and agility, also larger muscles lose stmaina and power quickly when in constant use so being bulky is only an advantage in the early stages of a match) and over 6' in the european leauges is really common because unlike america all the best athletes play soccer(whereas ours play football baseball and basketball). I like your argument and you definitely bring ALOT of knowledge with what you say, so im not even arguing with you now that Im thinking about it... My father and Grandfather were the ones bashing football for being "wussies"(my grandfather has since passed away but was a very funny man who retained his thick accent till the very end even though he lived in america since he was 11) which makes sense seeing as how they were 5'10 and 5'9(grandfather/father). The family jokes that my size came from the milkman's side of the family(i don't think its as funny as they do). I respect american football, but in a completely different way than I do soccer... maybe its the european influence of my family. and yes I don't mind tackling 210 pound running backs unless they are alot quicker than me(cause thats a good way to injure yourself by getting juked outta your shorts). like I said... I feel soccer players are the much better athletes, because Ive seen both types of athletes and while I respect both I just have been more impressed with the soccer player than the american football player. and I personally enjoy playing both but once again lean towards soccer because if you play sweeper you can play as you get older and fatter as I have, thanks to being able to sprint to clear the ball or pass off to a fellow defender to get the play headed back toward your offense and then take a break to let your fat ace self get rested up(thats how i like to handle my business)