farragut vs. Mcminn co.

soccerplaya9

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny you said they played good the first 20 minutes that is when the sub rotation usually starts. He needs to keep his starters on the field and get them toughen up for the post season play. Perhaps they can win the close games to make in to state and maybe a title.

Ok , here is mt question for the Mcminn fan. I called Coach Thomas at Dalton who isn't the soccer coach but coached me in football camp. I was really interested in the Dalton vs Farragut game but asked him about this one. He said the paper had the Shots 27 Farragut and 10 McMinn, So who dominated.? Also coach said that the game between Dalton and Farragut had been so intense that Farragut probably was sore and had a hard time getting up to play anybody. He said that Farragut didn't even look likew the same team they had been the night before, but it was probably fatigue. But Farragut was still by far the better team. OK, I wasn't there but what game were the McMinn players watching

It's interesting that you use Farragut's one tough game the night before as their excuse for not playing Farragut level soccer, because the Farragut game made McMinn's 4th game for the week, one earlier game being a win against the Division II state runner up Knox Catholic. I'm am certainly not under the illusion that McMinn dominated the game or that they were the better team because Farragut had McMinn on their heels most of the game. But if you want to gripe about Farragut's fatigue from playing a tough Dalton team, keep in mind that McMinn had played a state ranked Huntsville the night before, and a nationaly ranked Knox Catholic three days before. If both teams were fresh, Farragut made still have dominated the game, but Coach Thomas would have certainly had different comments about McMinn's play.

Edited by NickWalsh

I don't think that Farragut kept McMinn on their heels as much as the officiating. That had to be the worst officiated game that I have ever witnessed in the years that I have watch soccer games. I do hope that Farragut appreciates the game that McMinn played. I, also, do not think that the Farragut coach would have substitued as liberally at the latter stages of the game if he had not been concerned. So, having said that, I hope that McMinn has the opportunity to face Farragut somewhere down the line.

PS: I hope that the primary official can smile at other teams and their supporters as he did at the McMinn side. Also, one of the side judges was evidently was in on the scam.

Nick Walsh Just so you know that I know, every body had a full week of games including Farragut. BUT Farragut Playing a game the caliber of an Undefeated "Dalton" a Georgia State Champ and going to overtime is a little more exhaustive than playing a YOU SAY " State Ranked" Huntsville team that by the way is 6-8-1 this year and if they are ranked it is for academics in Alabama not soccer! Y ou beat them 5-0 and they presented no competetion for you or Dalton the next day who won really big . And while Catholic did well last year they were NOT state Runnerups as you said and are 5-2-1 this year...... ( Although I will admit I think Catholic will be a force to reckon with come tourney time. to much talent there,)) anyway, I keep quiet who I root for , so that I can be objective for any team and over here in the middle of the state we don't get to much play on Coach t, so I have to keep up keep up with the whole state and while Mcminn is good team this year, not now or later will they be good enough to beat Farragut