Polk County

mctigers75

I think 2-6 is up for grabs with Tyner being definite favorite. Polk has several players returning but lost their QB (best player) and Justin Rongy (I think that's his name) who was definitely one of their leaders. No one will be that much better than anyone else. Polk's biggest advantage is the fact that the kids now believe they can win after several good seasons in a row. Also, the fact that Marion and Sequatchie have new coaches brings a new wrinkle into the mix.

I think 2-6 is up for grabs with Tyner being definite favorite. Polk has several players returning but lost their QB (best player) and Justin Rongy (I think that's his name) who was definitely one of their leaders. No one will be that much better than anyone else. Polk's biggest advantage is the fact that the kids now believe they can win after several good seasons in a row. Also, the fact that Marion and Sequatchie have new coaches brings a new wrinkle into the mix.

The biggest thing about Polk is that they are moving from being a school w/ occassional success to a real PROGRAM. If their coach will hang around a few more years they will continue to build something bigger than a good team. I know they've come a long way in 5 years.

• 4 weeks later...

i see no one has posted on this topic in a while so how do you guys think that polk will stand in the regioin with tyner they might keyword might have a legitimate shot this year at making a run at tyner although tyner brings back some very good athletes if nothing else, polk should finish second because they only lost eight senoirs. looking for replies