Sportsbelle Tournament

dheat

I like Farragut a lot, don't get me wrong, but is it a coincidence that they ended up in the easiest pool in the tournament? I mean, c'mon. They are playing nobodies. Like I said, I support them and want to see them represent the state in the nat'l polls and all that jazz, but I would rather see their credit coming from quality than quanity.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bigbadblue Posted on Apr 8 2004 - 01:02 AM

I like Farragut a lot, don't get me wrong, but is it a coincidence that they ended up in the easiest pool in the tournament? I mean, c'mon. They are playing nobodies. Like I said, I support them and want to see them represent the state in the nat'l polls and all that jazz, but I would rather see their credit coming from quality than quanity.

the point is to play teams that you have never played before what is the point of playing teams that you have already played 5 times or will play 5 times this year. and the quality than quanity comment...look back at there past tournaments this year and look and see who they have played...just cause they arent in the same pool with all of the best teams in the sportsbelle doesnt meen they play easy competition Edited by Bam5

I'm with silverspur, will these teams get to play another game, or will they get a refund or what? I mean they should get a game and not just a forfeit. But I guess those three teams would take a free win if it came to that.

If they don't get to play another game in Blackman's place, then it is only fair to give them the forfeit, right?? And if that happens what would the default score be??

Let's give the SportBelle tournament folks a chance to work things out, considering the late withdrawal due to the Blackman situation. Most HS baseball coaches just want to play a few games against quality competition. They look at these weekend tournaments as a chance to evaluate their team in pressure/tournament/out-of-town situations, looking toward post-season play. In fact, from past experience with this tournament, that's exactly what several coaches have told me. I'm sure the SportsBelle folks will take care of their guests, and ensure all games are played in some fashion. To be honest, I suspect the biggest worry is the weather today and Saturday.

Dugout Dad- Thanks for trying to calm the masses!

Ready2Rumble- If you wish rain upon our tournament we will hunt you down and sabotage that booth you sit in!!!!! Taxes or no taxes!

CooterHooter- Read DugoutDad's post! Any changes to the schedule will be communicated to the coaches as-soon-as-possible! Beyond that, we will post changes here at the ealiest convenient time. As of this moment, I have no news beyond the earlier post regarding Webb vs Maryville tonight!!