Region 2-2a

headbusta3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with Blomstrom last year. but i wasn't really with Latam. the only fact is because it seemd as if him and #5 just simply quit. but do't get me wrong still a fine athlete. i just can't see Sweetwater stomping the run and pass threat that Alcoa persents. i thknk it will be to many match up problms for any team in 2a besides the privates.

I was very impressed with Blomstrom last year. but i wasn't really with Latam. the only fact is because it seemd as if him and #5 just simply quit. but do't get me wrong still a fine athlete. i just can't see Sweetwater stomping the run and pass threat that Alcoa persents. i thknk it will be to many match up problms for any team in 2a besides the privates.

No doubt about the dual threat, will be tough for anyone to contain that. I wasn't, however, impressed with the interior line of Alcoa any of the games I saw them play.

A good blitz scheme can sure mess up the pass part of that dual threat.

As for Latham, not his best season, but despite some nagging injuries, had some good numbers. Once the turnovers started, he was taken out of the game because Sweetwater had to do something they just couldn't...pass. Plus, the playoff game he was suspended the first quarter, allowing Blomstrom to run wild.

No doubt, Alcoa is the favorite and it would take an incredible effort for any of the other regional teams to take them down. Of course, the same problem will probably happen to any team from our region...beat up on each other and then play one of the privates in the semifinals and we all know how that usually turns out.

yes i will agree with you on the line. I'm not trying to make excuses for them or anything, but with all the success they had they still started 1 freshman, 2 sophmores, and 2 seniors. and one of the sophmores was hurt in the middle of the season, which Alcoa had to go to another freshman.