? at marion county baseball

purplenmyblood

I LOVE to get you guys all rilled up over this stuff.....!! I just hope that you get this excited over your EDUCATION and your lives as you have over this MEANINGLESS message board.

I have only stated what I have been TOLD and HEARD from various people. What would I gain from making things up or lying about stuff. I actually look forward every day to reading how yall love your coaches and standing up for something you believe in. Good for you, I am glad to see that you finally care so much about SOMETHING. So, with that said, if you care so much about what is going on then DO SOMETHING about it. A petiton won't do the trick when you list 3 people on one petiton. Go to Dr. Taylor, voice your opinion and concerns, ask why things are happening the way they are. But don't forget what I posted in the very beginning, they both will probably be back next year. This is just procedure that the Board of Education has to go through. I may be mistaken but I think that you have to be teaching at a school for at least 3 years before you can be tenured and this is Roberts and Ladds first year.

And in closing just let me say that I like the discipline that Roberts has. It was something that should have been done along time ago...so see I CAN say something nice about him after all. ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you just mad that you can't play or you just someone that likes to run thier mouth about stuff you have no clue about. Whatever it is you need to shut your mouth and quiet crying about Coach Roberts. ;)

I just reread all my post and I can't find anything in there that has gotten all of you so upset. All I have stated was what I have been told, ( and I think I have posted that statement 3-4 times already) and my personal opinion of his respect toward his players and their parents.

I never said that the man didn't know anything about coaching, because I think he does. The guys had a hard transition from Coach Phillips to Coach Roberts and that can be expected no matter who was coaching. I loved the way he had the B'team involved in the varsity games and making everyone look "presentable" at home and away games. I admire him for making these changes and the discipline he envoking.

And WarriorPride....nope I can't play basketball worth a lick, that's why I never tried out for the team. :D

I LOVE to get you guys all rilled up over this stuff.....!! I just hope that you get this excited over your EDUCATION and your lives as you have over this MEANINGLESS message board.

I have only stated what I have been TOLD and HEARD from various people. What would I gain from making things up or lying about stuff. I actually look forward every day to reading how yall love your coaches and standing up for something you believe in. Good for you, I am glad to see that you finally care so much about SOMETHING. So, with that said, if you care so much about what is going on then DO SOMETHING about it. A petiton won't do the trick when you list 3 people on one petiton. Go to Dr. Taylor, voice your opinion and concerns, ask why things are happening the way they are. But don't forget what I posted in the very beginning, they both will probably be back next year. This is just procedure that the Board of Education has to go through. I may be mistaken but I think that you have to be teaching at a school for at least 3 years before you can be tenured and this is Roberts and Ladds first year.

And in closing just let me say that I like the discipline that Roberts has. It was something that should have been done along time ago...so see I CAN say something nice about him after all. ;)

As far as this petition thing goes you saying we only have three people? How about you multiply that by about 300 we have over 10 pages of signatures. See its just something else you dont know , but you have to run your mouth about ! :angry: Next time get your facts straight before you go puttin stuff on here ;)

I LOVE to get you guys all rilled up over this stuff.....!!  I just hope that you get this excited over your EDUCATION and your lives as you have over this MEANINGLESS message board.

I have only stated what I have been TOLD and HEARD from various people. What would I gain from making things up or lying about stuff.  I  actually  look forward every day to reading how yall love your coaches and standing up for something you believe in.  Good for you, I am glad to see that you finally care so much about SOMETHING.  So, with that said, if you care so much about what is going on then DO SOMETHING about it.  A petiton won't do the trick when you list 3 people on one petiton.    Go to Dr. Taylor, voice your opinion and concerns, ask why things are happening the way they are.  But don't forget what I posted in the very beginning, they both will probably be back next year. This is just procedure that the Board of Education has to go through.  I may be mistaken but I think that you have to be teaching at a school for at least 3 years before you can be tenured and this is Roberts and Ladds first year.

And in closing just let me say that I like the discipline that Roberts has.  It was something that should have been done along time ago...so see I CAN say something nice about him after all.  ;)

As far as this petition thing goes you saying we only have three people? How about you multiply that by about 300 we have over 10 pages of signatures. See its just something else you dont know , but you have to run your mouth about ! :angry: Next time get your facts straight before you go puttin stuff on here ;)

Go back and reread my post BooBoo...I said that you LISTED three names on one petition...not that you HAD only 3 sign the petition. Should have had a petition for each individual and not put all 3 names on one, you might have gotten even more signatures.

Well the bottom line is that if Marion County gets rid of either of these coaches then they deserve what they get and that it alot of losing seasons in the future. Coach Roberts and Coach Ladd are quality coaches. I have played for coach Roberts for 3 seasons and he is not only the best Basketball coach I have played for But he is also my mentor and I have followed in his footsteps and began coaching myself. I took over his Middle school job and now there are so many young players that are coming up through Grundy and Marion County school systems that own there Basketball skills to this man. He will build a program at Marion if they will just give him a chance.

As for the crap about him being to hard on the Players....Grow up.....That is just unbelievable for me to hear that ppl are mad because a coach yelled at his player and I dont know if parents are tore up cause there kid don't get playing time or what But thats just how sports go. gobblersknob if you really care about the Marion County program then you wouldnt be bad mouthing a great man like this and you would come to him as an adult.

I am a very big supporter of Grundy county athletics and also of Coach Roberts and To me I don't care if he stays or if he goes, Because he will be picked up by someone fast because coaches like him are hard to find. and if he goes elsewhere then I hope he comes back and Hammers Marion County.

senditinjerome i understand what your sayin. From what i saw and have heard there is alot of suppose for coach roberts. I hope he stays. If he does go i hope he beats up on Marion too. It would be rediculous to get rid of him. His players this past year had to adjust to a new system while having to play in a tough district. Give him 2 to 3 years and i believe he can have Marion in the tops of there district. He knows how to coach and he knows how to get players to believe in his coaching. He has a good upcoming junior and sophomore class next year.(9 and 10 graders this year) . I hope they let him come back and he proves he can coach and the team is successful. If they let him go which would be a bad thing to do then i hope he comes back and beats Marion by 50.

gobblersknob, i still haven't received an email from you, you coward. you are a big person let me tell ya. i have so much respect for you to get on here and talk crap so no one knows who you are but when you get called out to be mature and stand up you won't do it.......... you definately are a class act. steven is one of the best guys i've met. sit down and talk with him, you'll think the same thing. marion co. has had two great men as their last two basketball coaches and they will regret letting both of them go if this "deal" goes through. both roberts and phillips know the game, teach it well, and extremely care for their kids. the only thing you people can't handle is that their styles are completely opposite.

goobersknob, grow up and email me.

spoking like a true person of ignorance. you get on here start trouble and spend your "precious" time writing posts but won't email someone, gutless. also, you get on here bad mouthing a good man and as people start to stand up for him you seem to change your positioning and start kissing his butt. once again, cowardly for not standing up for what you believe. what's the matter, afraid something is going to happen to you? no that's not the case. i just wanted you to email me so me and you could discuss this one on one instead of taking this "public" so to speak. i think someone said this before: if you are a true supporter of something you would not bad mouth it in front of people, you'd go behind close doors and discuss your feelings. that all goes along with being a mature person about things. i have nothing to hide, this is his assistant coach, it's not that hard to figure it out. now why don't you follow my lead and email me so we can get any questions answered about his style of coaching and how much he will mean to this program.

once again it's Loo165@aol.com

Well spoken Knob, I have been following this topic since its conception and for someone to say you are ignorant on this message board is also very mature.

Loo165 obviously has some sort of close connection to this coach roberts and somewhat of a connection to coach ladd. why, we will never know but it seems to me that he is pretty firm on believing in coach roberts and defending him to the end so you may be fighting a losing battle.

i understand that you dont really have a clue on the real deal here that you are just getting second hand stuff but aint that what rumors are all about.

it may be that you are concerned about the situation and want to get the truth on everything. but it seems like everyone has there own opinion on the topic and we all know that opinions are like rearends (everyone has one).

whether it is the truth we may never know. I dont know if we have heard from any of the marion players here but seems like they would get on here and defend their coach if they really believed that he was being wrongly accused of out of control behavior of any kind or what ever has been brought up against him. We all know that the kids from grundy county that followed coach roberts to marion after spending their childhood in tracy city or monteagle will defend him to the end. and if rumor mill has it correct,

when roberts had the mid season meetings with the parents that the only parents that had any positive to say were the parents from grundy county.

and some of the parents really had some intense discussions with him about his actions to that point in the season.(mrs thacker, mr. pickett, mr and mrs shankles.) all just rumor here but could have been more than that disagreed with his coaching style. but that goes back to the rearend thing(everyone has one ) so its yours against his and his against hers and hers against yours and so on and so on.....

But i really think it goes to the kids that put up with his coaching style and still play, if they can live with it and still go to bed at nite then good for them, it must not be that bad. but if it drives that one kid away that might have hit that winning shot, then it didnt turn out to well. but there is always gonna be those kids that just play because they love to play ball and all the yellin and screaming doesnt bother them one bit and there will always be that kid who puts up with it all year long his last year at marion and finally gets to start on senior nite. those are the kids that deserve a pat on the back.

thank you

no reply needed loo