playing time

s3softball

u know i can see a player having to sit out when she goes to another school...to keep schools from recruiting. but what about the player that wants to go to another school because she isnt getting much or any playin time at her current school.

Edited by s3softball

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are there nine players on her current team hitting over .340?? If so, then it's just a case of the best offensive players out there.. If they're not, then you've got a problem and should ask the coach what the youngster can do to improve and perhaps make the starting lineup.. I wouldn't transfer to another school just so a kid can play ball.. :rolleyes: There's so much more to school than that.. Especially if she has been at the same school this whole time and probably has good friends there..

Greatest thing about HS softball is the talent level is never so overwhelming that a kid can't bust into the lineup through hard work and determination.

Never change schools because of softball. Doesn't make any sense. Best ball played and recruited is travel ball. HS ball is just for pride (also important). If your daughter has pride, she also has the determination to get better.

Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

What if you started almost your whole freshman year and the next year you sit the bench. I am so miserable, but I am not one to complain and I really don't know what to do. I got to hit last night for the first time in about 7 or 8 games, am I supposed to do really well? Well...I didn't and that was the first time I had hit against live pitching in a while too. I feel like I am a horrible player, but I know I am not because I could play almost any position and I know I could hit if I got to hit against live pitching more often. I have thought about not playing next year but I am afraid I will miss it too much.

Any advice? :(

If anyone has any advice for me please reply.

We have so many good players on the team that anybody could go in and play. I don't understand why he does this to us though. He promises one thing and then it never happens. I am so down and out about the whole situation. I got to play so much last year and now I haven't played in 7 or 8 games until last night and I didn't do good at all. All I got to do was hit and I really don't think that I could have done that well if I haven't been hitting against live pitching. I could be wrong though.

I really hate that we don't have JV games now too. Now I won't ever get to be the catcher and show him what I can do. It really disappoints me. And I feel sorry for the people that don't ever play. I will probably never play again after last night, but I did try and I think that is all that matters. I really think you are right s3softball that we won't have 15 next year. I don't even know if I will be there. I want to see how the rest of the season goes. And your right about no one is killing the ball, especially last night, no one killed it. So it is kind of up in the air who the best nine are.

I have been really surprised that you have not got to pitch because you are an awesome pitcher. You did great in that Coffee County JV game when I caught you and we had to call our own pitches. Don't get me wrong the other pitchers are awesome too but I think you should get a chance to pitch too.

Well...if anyone has any advice for me about this situation I would really like to know. Look at the last one I posted also. :D

I am now sorry I was so flippant with my earlier posts.

I am sorry, to both LL1416 and S3.

You coach isn't doing this "to" you. He is not directing some sort of plot against you. But at your point in your life it must seem like he/she is.

I was in your shoes back in the day. We didn't play much JV, and it really made me mad when we did have a JV game that no one was there. To this day I cheer louder for JV games (I am a loud mouth anyway).

Keep working hard Stay in his/her hip pocket. And, most of all, stay positive!

u know i can see a player having to sit out when she goes to another school...to keep schools from recruiting. but what about the player that wants to go to another school because she isnt getting much or any playin time at her current school.

cry me a river........ Real players do this thing called work, the positions in softball arent so much different from each other where you cant learn another one...i mean you cant tell me that every starter is an all american......work harder!