Lifting

Elitecougar77

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drem2- A 14-15 year old parallel squatting 375-425 would not only be great it would be amazing. Not to say it couldn't happen, but I have seen truly strong senior football players who had worked out like animals and achieve personal bests of slightly more or less than 400. Now comparing apples to apples, a true parallel squat is one in which if you put a marble on your thigh at your lowest position in the squat, the marble would roll to the hip.

WC60- For a strong young player between 14-15, a parallel squat over 325 is pretty good. The power clean should be over 205, and the bench over 225. These numbers may not seem like much compare to a junior or senior, but a 14-15 year old freshmen doing those kind of numbers would get the attention of any coach in TN.

there is a kid at trinity christian academy in jackson, tn who can prove this post wrong. he is a freshman and is 14 years old. he already squats 405, and benches over 300 pounds. the boy is a man among boys on the playing field and will start this year for the lions. so you cant say that its not possible for a 14 year old to lift with seniors, because he does it, and is dang good at it. the coaches from tca will expect huge things from him in the next few years, and my bold prediction would be he will go D-1.

You all a buncha crazey foolz if you think we gonna beleieve that many people that strong. I know some huge dudes who dont lift near the weights you fools r talkin about. I say you just take evrytnihg people one here been sayin and cut it bout in half and thats closer to da truth!!!!

man i totaly agree. some of this stuff is just insane, and im not sayin that it aint true, o wait i am sayin its not true. ive been around huge football players my whole life and i havnt heard of these big of numbers being put up. if we gonna talk bout these numbers, we need to be talking bout how they got there. STEROIDS ANYONE? we all know they are in highschool football, might as well come clean bout them

ok, here's the deal...sure, it's great to be crazy strong in the weightroom. but many times, that does not translate out on to the field. having played at one of the best programs in the state, riverdale, i witnessed a player squatting over 600 pounds easily while weighing in at just over 300 pounds. but you know what--he quit because he said it was football was too tough. being weight strong can definitely be a plus if you know how to translate it out on the field. my pound for pound was never more than 3.75, but i played quite a bit my sophomore and junior years and started my freshman and senior years for a very deep-rooted football school. personally, when i become i coach, i will care far more about how much my players can take getting knocked around and getting back up than i will how much they can throw around in the weight room. quickness, solid technique, and pure heart are ample substitutes for lack of weight room strength.

• 2 weeks later...