Blackman Coaching Situation

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

well it wouldnt be the 1st time the blackman parents/ booster club has tried to get rid of a coach, they were successful in getting rid of one, but couldnt get rid of alsup. but if you want my opinion i think the kids are bein a bunch of stiffs, i mean the coach is not above the game so dont let him dictate it ! i believe when its all said and done, greene will be reprimanded but not fired, and if blackman chooses not to play, well that just shows what poor sports they are!

well it wouldnt be the 1st time the blackman parents/ booster club has tried to get rid of a coach, they were successful in getting rid of one, but couldnt get rid of alsup. but if you want my opinion i think the kids are bein a bunch of stiffs, i mean the coach is not above the game so dont let him dictate it ! i believe when its all said and done, greene will be reprimanded but not fired, and if blackman chooses not to play, well that just shows what poor sports they are!

That post has the be the farthest thing from the truth. How can you call a kid a poor sport if they do not want to play for a coach who they feel threatened by and have no faith in. If he is just reprimanded and not fired that will look even worse upon Rutherford Co. schools. If a coach touches a player in any improper manner than he should be fired. I tell by your nickname you must support Oakland, maybe that is why you have such a negative post about a group of kids that are standing up for what is right. I wouldn't blame the kids for not playing for that coach, if he doesnt step down he is putting himself above the game and being selfish. If the kids don't want to play for him anymore, why not be a man and step down.

Guest Oakland

no the kids are letting him be above the game by not playing. and it would be idiotic to imply that i am knockin the kids merely cuz they go to blackman, i have a lot of connections over there so i wouldnt knock them just to do it. and if the kids feel threatened by greene, i mean the man is not what u call physically imposing. but i no way condone what greene has done, and if i were dr. nixon i would fire him on the spot, but i dont think its gonna happen. i know blackman is better than their record indicates and they can still make some noise if they can block out coach greene and just focus on playin ball

Guest region4fan

Look, don't come down on My Oakland buddy. There isn't a person more for Rutherford County sports than oakland2001! Until the coach's side comes out, we just don't know all the facts. There is one player who has publically defended the coach. I believe his name is Haggins. So maybe there are a few more cracks in this story. It is Dr. Nixon's decision to make.....not the coach, players, OR the parents!!

If you knew the special bond between J Haggins and Coach Greene you would know why he stuck up for Coach Greene.He is the only player they could go to that would support him.I promiss you every other player on that team would be against him.There are no cracks facts are indisputable these things did happen.I will say he has done some very good things and many people no matter what will think it is just too unbelievable based on the good things he has done.No one is saying he was horrible to the kids all the time.What has happen is just a shock to those that aren't there day in and day out.I don't understand the comment don't let the coach dictate their game(that is the coach's job to dictate who plays and how they play.Nobody plays without a coach).As to where were the asst. coachs they were right there staring indisbelief as were the players that this happened.His not stepping down is because he doesn't believe he has a problem as is the case with most people with an anger management problem.We all care about coach Greene and hope he see's that he needs help and gets it because at times he is a great person and can be an asset to a program.We hope the best for him just as we do for the players.

I'd like to know what the heck this player did to cause Coach Greene to lose his cool. I'm sure there is a lot more to this story than what has been posted on here. Either way, he is an adult and knows better. He might have gotten away with that twenty years ago, but not today. Please don't take offense because I don't know what happened, but some kids need a little shaking. Today's society doesn't allow it though. You never know, this kid could have done a number of things to Coach Greene to cause Greene's behavior. Again, I'm not saying Greene is right, by all means. He is the adult in the situation. But, this kid could have very well done something drastic enough to SOMEWHAT justify Greene's behavior...

Guest region4fan

I agree Bigbadblue. There is certainly more to this story. Because of the stink that was made at Blackman this fall to Coach Alsup and some football staff, I am instantly suspicious of the players and parents there. I am not into the "Kids have more rights than adults" that seems to be so popular these days.

The last 2 posts are correct. This type of situation facing Coach Greene has been all to evident lately. Players can't take an old-school tough competitor coach. They turn to Mom & Dad to run interference to solve the so-called problem for the individual. Coach Greene has forgotten more about baseball than any Blackman parent-player has ever known in their life. I hope the administration looks deeply into this situation and not just at the upset at losing players & parents point of view.

This topic has been pretty well covered now, with a couple of threads about it along with the published newspaper articles. The administration at Blackman will make the best decision for their school and team. Until that happens this topic will only degrade into more and more speculation. Lets leave it alone for now until there is "new news".