Best Courts

saywhat?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best type of tennis court to play on?

Asphalt...Grass...Clay...Indoor...etc

Personnaly I like clay because it really slows down the game dynamics and makes it more fun to try to hit trick shots

I, too, like clay but for different reasons. I think it allows the ball to slow more off the bounce and gives more time for shot preparation- making every shot a little easier to see and swing at than on hard surfaces. I tend to hit more winners on clay...

i personally think grass courts are the best to play on despite the demanding maintenence requirements of such. Being the master of the drop-shot, i enjoy beating opponents who would normally mutilate me 6-love 6-love as balls rarely bounce but a few inches from the ground. Also, grass courts are great for diving and wiping that smile off the other guy's face when he thinks he just got a winner on you only to find you stretched out on the court and the ball slowly rolling near his feet.

What is the best type of tennis court to play on?

Asphalt...Grass...Clay...Indoor...etc

Personnaly I like clay because it really slows down the game dynamics and makes it more fun to try to hit trick shots

I, too, like clay but for different reasons. I think it allows the ball to slow more off the bounce and gives more time for shot preparation- making every shot a little easier to see and swing at than on hard surfaces. I tend to hit more winners on clay...

i would have assumed you to prefer the clay courts as you have the homeslice, according to ARF.

I think there are only 2 or 3 grasscourts in the state and they are in like backyards of old men who don't even play on them, they just want it there to look at. There aren't any public grass courts or even any at country clubs that I know of here in Tennessee. Datrain, you said you've played on one, what is it like? I'm sure it would kill my clay court suited game where I just like to sit @ the baseline and try to keep people out there hitting for 3 days, but I would love to get on one onetime to see what its like.

No actually I'm not. I do resort to that some though if my opponent stinks against it. I actually hit a lot of top spin and try to get shots deep and try to get a short ball over the middle of the court where I can put myself on the offensive. I don't do like most and try to whack every ball for a winner. I try to set up myself for high percentage shots. Plus I like the ball up anyways and the ball jumps a lil more on clay. But I am not above moonball pushin @ times :)