Fastest pitcher in the state

TheOne6

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duckhunt- I would say just as many are late as are under the ball, trust me, if they were JUST under the ball they would be able to fix it quicker and she would not consistantly throw 1 hitters and no hitters all summer. But I do agree that the speed alone does not make megan hard to hit, it's that dang wind-up! You know that saying "you can't hit what you can't see" well there is the perfect example. You can't pick it up til it is out of her hand, and but then it is already at you and you hit the mit before you swing. It's frustrating, but fun to watch if you are on her team!

The wind up on Megan is very deceiving and adds to this pitcher's success. I think she is also one of the classiest players in softball. I am more impressed with her every time I see her. As a physical therapist I do believe that her motion will ultimately take it's toll. Hopefully not in the next 4-5 years but you cannot place that much stress on the L5-S1 disc repetetively without some consequences in the long run. The act of bending forward with the knees near straight increases the pressure in the lumbar intervertebral disc by approx. 200%. Repetition will weaken the disc. I hope I am wrong.

A jugs radar gun picks up the pitch as it leaves a pitchers hand, not at the plate. So a pitcher throwing 66 at 43 feet is throwing 66 at 40 feet. Only the reaction time is changed. Three feet is big for reaction time but not the look of the pitch from the sidelines.

Yeah...it does look a lot different from the sidelines from the 2 distances. You ARE stating the obvious. I don't think anyone is saying the speed is different. It is the same. It does look a lot slower from 43'...especially from behind the plate.