Way to defend Justin Pickett

SOSASLAM

Justin Pickett has been starting for White House for 4 years. In those 4 years, I think we(GALLATIN) have gotten him out 5 times. Last night, I think we finally figured out a way that might could stop him. Last night we were fortunate enough to hold him to a 2-4 performance at the plate. Hey we got him out 2 times. The other 2 times he hit 2 400 foot bombs, one a grand slam and the other a measly 3 run homer. 2 HRS 7 RBI WOW

The way to contain him------

I would suggest if you are playing at White House, you should put up tree stands in the trees behind the outfield fence only in the trees from gap tp gap. When he bats let your OF'S go sit in these tree stands. Odds are, if you pitch to him, you have a better chance to catch his ball this way.

In all seriousness, this guy is some kind of player. I have heard people say well he has never hurt us----- just give it time. I have been around baseball for a long time and never seen a better player. I know his past history just like many others. If you are a pro scout, I am pleading to you to give this kid a chance. He is just flat awesome, and this is coming from another team Good Luck to evryone the rest of the season.

Sorry Joe, Im not Justin Pickett. I am from Gallatin. I suggest that if you dont believe what I am saying - drive to White House pay the admission and if you are not impressed with what you see, I will try to refund your money. I didnt even mention the fact that he pitches as well. He struck us out 11 times and gave up maybe 5 hits. Believe me- if you have been around the mid state area- you would know that Justin Pickett does not have to blow his own horn.

Pickett is awesome...I put him and Bobby Bratton in a league among themselves as far as hitters go in Middle TN. Pickett hit one out to center at LaVergne in a tournament that went over the ditch behind the centerfield fence and into parking lot and he hit one foul down the line at third that sounded like a jet airplane going by.

Who all would pay admission to see a homerun derby between Bratton and Pickett?

Guest 4th&goal

Pickett doesn't have to get on CoachT and toot his own horn. It's obvious Sosaslam is from Gallatin, read some posts he's made. As to how to defend him, 3 words, PUT HIM ON.

P.S. His brother was also a pretty good player.

You are correct 4th and Goal, his brother was also an outstanding player. He graduated 2 yrs ago. I think that season the older one had 10 bombs, while baby brother had 15. I did say he hit a grand slam and a 3 run bomb last night. Believe me if we could have put him on we would have.

Guest 4th&goal

I know what your saying Sosaslam, sometimes the situation won't allow a free pass. Just making the comment that with a base open Pickett's get'n a frebee!

Pick hit 9 his freshman year, 11 his soph. year, and 12 his junior year. As of today, he has 12. I'm sure that will change by the end of the week though. To be honest I think he blows Bratton away. I've seen Bratton play many a times and he doesnt produce on a day to day basis like Pick does. He's the best overall player in the state and I dont care what anyone else says.