Great Eight Performance Lists

Guest kenwoodrun

Why is honesty so hard? My coach is so honest about it that he wouldnt convert my 9:27 3000, so I have my only 3200 entered (in which I ran alone and came through at 10:21)- I wouldve had to have run a 54 seconds last 200m to run that. a :54 200m equates to a 14:24 3200, so I think its safe to say thats my better time. Its also frustrating to see four guys Ive already beat this year head to head ahead of me in the mile......o well, Id rather be honest and out of the great eight than dishonest and in it....

What was that about honesty?

1 Cowan, Matt SR Franklin Road Ac 9:27.00

2 Abtahi, Bejan JR Father Ryan High 9:45.00

3 Hannah, Clay SO Lebanon High 9:51.00

Unless you plan on not attending the meet this doesn't look so honest to me. If you do go (and cheat someone who deserved to) you better be hauling and show that you can run a full 3200 in 9:27 (Doubtful!). Good luck on making the right descision.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was that about honesty?

1 Cowan, Matt SR Franklin Road Ac 9:27.00

2 Abtahi, Bejan JR Father Ryan High 9:45.00

3 Hannah, Clay SO Lebanon High 9:51.00

Unless you plan on not attending the meet this doesn't look so honest to me. If you do go (and cheat someone who deserved to) you better be hauling and show that you can run a full 3200 in 9:27 (Doubtful!). Good luck on making the right descision.

hmm, yea, thats definately a mistake. The 9:27 is my best 3000m time, which I ran at a practice meet before the season started. I dont know why they didnt convert it, but I sure hope they do because I dont want to be listed as the top entry, that would be embarrasing...

O keyan, I just noticed this about your post- you said if I go, Ill be cheating someone who couldve gone. I will be running the 3200, and I hope for the sake of people like you that they convert my time, because I dont need people like you telling me that I dont deserve to be in this race simply because I cant run as fast as Vandy says I do...

i still can't belive how much faster the midstate has got in the 800. i got in the great 8 as a sophamore w/ a 2:07. last year i was the second alternate w/ a 2:03. the 800 has really changed alot over the years i've been in high school. good luck to all the runner at the meet. to bad we have the county meet that day. i'd love to be there

Coasterboard, I admit that your 3000 time would probably convert to about a 10 flat and you would still be in the 8. I don't really care because I don't even run the 3200. But you definitley should be seeded 6 and not 1 because the other times were for 3200's. Vandy really needs to take a closer look at entries including the 10.1 100m. Anyway good job to FRA's 4x8 team at Doug Hall, 3rd place. Hope to see a lot more races like that this year.

Edited by keyan13

Coker is still the fastest 100m guy in the state, so even his actual legit time (more like 10.5) still would make him the fastest guy in that field.

He'll get beat by Lamel Earvin from Brainerd.

Watch out for the jeffers kid from scott and he s in aa.

I hope that Jill Skinner has another awesome day! The girl can fly when she wants to. I doubt anyone will come close to beating her in the 2 mile. Such a great girl too! I have to go to Blondie's softball game today Jill, but I will be on the cell phone keeping up with everyone! Good luck!