Powell vs. Knoxville Halls score

HiwasseeVol

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 errors. It's a theme that continues to repeat itself across the state. I don't care how good your pitching and hitting are. Giving the opponent 7 to 14 free baserunners on errors and walks makes it really, really tough to win.

I know talking to HiwaseeVol that Karns has suffered in some of its non-district games because of an excessive number of free baserunners. All but 4 of West's 12 losses are the direct result of unearned runs.

This makes the next Karns - Powell game a biggie.

I agree bizazz, the last Powell -Karns game was decided on poor play in the field and it seems to be a constant this year even more than in past years ,with teams so closely matched. Its no longer good enough to have strong pitching but defense counts as well. Makes games fun to watch and district and region tournaments will be a blast! Gotta love this game.

Tonight turns out to be a big game for the District 3-AAA standings with the Red Devils loss to the Panthers. I thought the Friday Karns - Powell game was a little more heated than games in the past. There are some players on both teams who are very competitive and are friends off the field, but want the "W" more than anything come game time.

For the seniors who are seeing their high school career wind down, I hate to see either team lose, but the teams are only jockeing for tournament position.

Will Kevin Cummings be on the hill? I also heard that Preston Davis may go today. On the Beavers side, Cale Iorg returns to the doctor today, so his status is in limbo as of this post. Shane Ownby would be ready if Coach Sharp wants to go with the right-hander, but he could also choose a lefty.

I hope both teams keep the errors out of the game and I look forward to another hard fought game.

This game should be another close one. I think the rivalry has heated up a little this year with the disrict being even closer than ever. I havent heard who will pitch for Powell but I am guessing it will be Cummings since its his turn in the rotation. I look forward to a good game and hope it comes down to who plays best , not who gives away the most....errors be gone!

With Central's personnel issues, and struggles by Oak Ridge, Clinton, and Campbell County, the district race appears to aready be a 3-team race.

Per CoachT schedules, counting tonight:

Karns (7-0) has games left with Powell, Campbell Co., Clinton, Central and Halls;

Halls (5-3) has Campbell Co., O.R., Clinton, and Karns;

Powell (5-2) has Karns, O.R., Central, Clinton and Campbell Co.

(A couple of the games listed above are not scheduled, but would need to be played to round out the 12 game district schedule).

Karns is the only team that controls its own destiny. Karns also has the toughest remaining schedule since they have 2 games left with the contenders. That will change after tonight.

Even with a Powell win tonight, the Panthers will need some help from somebody.

If Karns wins tonight, they'll virtually lock up the regular season crown - barring a major collapse.

Man Powell won a big one Last night.....I think it's incredible that Henson can pitch that well and didn't even make the team his Freshman year (That a boy)....Lockwood was impressive last year and this year he's struggling just a bit I think he will come around in Tourny time...Although a lineup with Treece, Plumlee, and Cole in it is hard to shut down...Good Luck Powell Friday against Karns if Iorg doesn't play then thats huge (I hope he does just so it will be a good game)...My prediction Powell- 7 Karns- 2....what do you'll think?