D-II 2A

Pope 57

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd Cox and Michael Oherr are both going to be named to Tom Lemming's Preseason All-American list. Both have been offered by LSU, UT, etc.

In fact I know personally that the USC coached called Harding, it was in the Commercial Appeal, and that the LSU coach Saban, called BCS to speak to Oherr.

Both players are phenomenal, and would probably be considered the front runners for Mr. Football Back and Lineman of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a strong feeling that Briarcrest will defeat BGA in the state championship this year. Briarcrest only lost a few seniors. They will have a monstorous OL like Michael Oher, Joseph Crone, Jeremy Walley,and John Greer. 3 awesome QB's Bram Cannon, Bret Toney, Wes Henry. They will also have a tremendous backs like the returning starter Taylor Dillon, Ryan Acuff, and Tyler Pettigrew. Briarcrest will also have some wide recievers to throw too such as Michael Waters, Ewan McCauley,Parker Ellis, Jamal Goodrich. The defense will be unstopable with Trey Lampkin, Terio Franklin, and once again Wes Henry and Jamal Goodrich. Don't our special teams players such as Boo Boo Lawler and our kicker and punter Justin Sparks.

Briarcrest has it stacked for them next year so expect big things for the Saints next year as they go marching into Nashville and out with another State Championship.

Hardings Line up front will be: 255-250-275-260-230, pretty big for Harding.... they have two good running backs, but that is all I know....

Cox has offers from: Nebraska, Michigan, Norte Dame, Tennessee, North Carolina, LSU, USC, Florida, Miami, Ole Miss, Memphis, Louisville, Arkansas, Florida State, and maybe a couple more, a lot of other teams looking with heavy intrest!

It is amazing all of the hype about the Cox kid from Harding. I have seen him play against Briarcrest, ECS. He was not really noticed. All you have to do is hit him hard early in the game and he will fold like a leaf for the rest of the game.

Of course he has great " All American" games against power teams like Lighthouse, Catholic etc.. All are small single A type schools.

I have actually played against Cox twice once when he was freshman and then again as a he was a sophomore. He probably is much better, but back then I don't think he was very good. Our gameplan actually involved running at him when he was on defense because we felt he was by far the worst linebacker. As far as offense goes, he wasn't very hard to bring down, but good luck to him this season on his college playing.

Look for BGA to be struggling, seeing as how they have the DT and Sid Harmon, and maybe one more, returning to start for them. This gives them a chance to see what those young guys can do. I still wish they'd play schools closer in town with more competition, like BHS, FHS, and I know they do play Centinial.