Homerun Leaders

VCR

Just thought it would be fun and interesting to see who is leading in Homeruns this Year

Count Regular season and tournaments.....now don't count scrimmages.....

Name,School,AgeClass(Senior,Junior,Soph,Fresh)Class(AAA,AA,A....)

Specify Varsity or Junior Varsity....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends completely on the size of the field played on. Playing somewhere like Hunters Lane where the field is 195ft. is going to give a false impression. My field is 225 and I have only seen one ball leave the yard, ever. Kristy King hit it over against Spring Hill in the bottom of the ninth to win the game. If we had a 200ft. fence, she would have probably 6 by now. She hit one at Brentwood that went about 220, but they play at Ganny White on a slow pitch field so she only got a triple. Ask Creekwood about the one she hit on Dickson Co.'s field in the playday. Oh yeah, she is a freshman catcher and plays with extreme edge in summer.

Edited by bigchief

Okay, let me clear that up OVER THE FENCE...No matter if its 300 ft or 195....NCAA played on a short field and they counted that game so Over the Fence...not inside the park Homeruns....

sorry for the mislead but just think it would be neat...so OVER THE FENCE.......

According to TSSAA rules and NFHS rules female fastpitch distances recommended are 185' to 235'.

My thought is, if it don't go over....it ain't one...... No matter what field you are on!!

Brittany Webb, 14 yrs. old, Halls High-Knoxville, Varsity, Freshman, 3AAA, has 3 homeruns to date. So far all of hers have been 200 plus feet.

Edited by beamergal