morristown east football

BIGR35

Went by and saw that East had about 40 players running after workouts. I also saw them running with sleds, and doing sit-ups with medicine balls. Is this a new program that was set up by one of the coaches and if it was set up what will be the benefit of the new running program?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The baseball player is Austin Davis, but he is like 5'5 or 5'6. I don't see him starting though, it'll be one of the sophomores, Jerry Harris or Brad Ramsey. As far as 4 returning OL that unfortunately is incorrect too. Brandon Pritchett has moved back to Texas. The transfer from NC was at East in the spring semester and was on the baseball team but never played so he quit, he is actually Austin Davis' cousin, his name is Zach Causby, he looks like a WR/DB.

I am really glad to hear that East High is working hard, for the up comming

season. How do the young QB look?

Both Ramsey and Harris are in the 6'2" range. Harris is probably a little stronger, and more athletic, but Ramsey has a good head for the game as was evidenced last year when Palazolla was injured. I do know Ramsey went to the Furman QB camp, and has been working out regularly at the practice field. I have not seen Harris there but that does not mean he has not been working hard as well.

Neither are as athletic or have the arm Palazolla had, but are both just Soph's and each have the ability to be very good QB's . I think which ever makes the least number of mistakes and runs the offense best will be the starter. If the Canes' defense can hold them in the games early in the year and give these two time to mature they could be very good by season's end.

Heard today that East has three scrimmages set up for this fall. Aug. 6th East will have its traditional scrimmage with Rutledge at East. August 10th East will travel to Jeff County for a scrimmage and on August 17th East will host Science Hill in a scrimmage. East will also participate in the IMAC Jamboree on August the 13th at Burke Toney Stadium. Good luck Canes