Lenoir City vs. CAK

soccerrh1

3 years ago, this would have been a grudge match, and more physical than skillfull by both teams. I have enjoyed watching LC and CAK become two very talented squads that rely on their skill more than fouls to win the games. CAK cheered on LC at state last year when they were playing Ridgeway, and LC cheered on CAK when they were playing CCS. Both teams are great. I think it will boil down to who makes the most mistakes, and who can capitalize on those mistakes. Three of the top teams in the state at one place. A preview of the state playoffs this weekend! Good luck to all teams.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This LC tournament is one of the best tournaments featuring A/AA teams that there has been in quite a while. I only wish FRA had been invited to truly make it the best 4 A/AA teams. Regardless of whoever wins the tournament all 3 teams will get a chance to really scout out the other top teams that they will face later on in Memphis.

Yeah it really is tough to find many other fields at the level of ours, but that is mostly due to our coach, who the field is actually named after. We have mowers, but other than that, he and the other coaches maintain the field. Football fields should be banned. Every school in Tennessee could at least find some pasture that would be the correct size for a soccer field. Our style of play is affected a ton by smaller fields as I would imagine most of the better teams are. Oh well, we're really looking forward to this tournament.

yea that's why we play better away, football fields just dont do it for us, not enough space to work the magic. it's a travisty to soccer to have to play on coke cans. just my 2 cents. i really wish we could play in this tourny... LC what's the deal man, how come we didnt get the invite?

I agree. Our field is considerably smaller than a regulation field, and the center is prob the worst part this year. The wings are pretty nice, but with football season the center was badly torn up. Having played at Mike Rose in Memphis this past weekend, it seems like our game, along with numerous other teams, are affected by the small size of football fields. I'm looking forward to playing all the teams this year and thanks to CCS for making the trip.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf