Jefferson County

JC4life

As far as spring practice,what is the use of coming out in full pads if you don`t know what the heck to do.Spring practice will be a learning process,new offense,new D.Now we would like to have a longer spring practice,but you do what you can in the time you have.Since some of you guys don`t like the new Coach because of the short practice,how about you put the Coach up in YOUR house,or pay the money for a hotel room,and food,and a place to wash clothes for two weeks?

Yeah thats what I thought.

YA'LL DON`T KNOW ABOUT THE 2004 PATS,BUT YOU WILL!

BELIVE DAT!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well maybe the administration should have thought about that before they hired him. do u really just expect the man to travel 4+ hours to danridge for a couple of weeks of spring practice? now i see why meadows left, u guys(jeff co) wouldnt even let him breathe

He doesn't have to drive it everyday. He could take a few "sick days" and come have a real spring practice. He could spend his days finding a place to live and visit the schools his kids will attend. The point is, we will be at least two weeks behind when fall starts.

Odie, actually it takes 3 1/4 and 19 seconds to get to Dandridge from the 'Boro. Not the 3 1/4 you reported earlier. Sometimes the 840 split to Knoxville gets a little overcrowded after 5:00 pm. :lol: How are things in the 'Boro? Jeff county will always be a proud and solid program. Will they go back to the days of the veer when Ondrus was running the show from under center? Good athlete, what ever happened to him? I have seen him hit a $10 5 Wood about 275 yards! I thought he got into teaching and coaching. OUT!

As far as spring practice,what is the use of coming out in full pads if you don`t know what the heck to do.Spring practice will be a learning process,new offense,new D.Now we would like to have a longer spring practice,but you do what you can in the time you have.Since some of you guys don`t like the new Coach because of the short practice,how about you put the Coach up in YOUR house,or pay the money for a hotel room,and food,and a place to wash clothes for two weeks?

Yeah thats what I thought.

YA'LL DON`T KNOW ABOUT THE 2004 PATS,BUT YOU WILL!

BELIVE DAT!

He is more than welcome to stay with me. The point of a new coach to see the team in pads is simple: some kids are built like Tarzan but play like Jane. You don't know until the live bullets fly!!! As far as Shiverdecker, all I have heard for years is how good he is going to be. I just don't see it. He was good in mddle school because he was bigger and faster than most others. Not anymore. And you cannot compare Pewitt to Clement or Acuff to Brown. Great kids from what I know of them, but nowhere near as talented.

People forget about the line will be very good. Others good tallent Dallas, Huskey, Green, Luther and many more. I for one glad Meadows is good. New coach from what I see is great.

What have you seen? I hope he is very good and the Patriots get over the hump. The o-line will be experienced and definitely the strong point of the team. I just hope they find the runners to take advantage of the system.

im with you smash. what has he seen of the new coach, or what has anybody seen of the new coach to say that he is great. something must have been going on in murfreesboro for him to leave. he was coaching the the "high school football capital" of tennessee, and only had 35 players on his team at the end of last year. that is unheard of for a 5A school in rutherford county. the administration at jeff has made, in my opinion, a mistake in hiring this guy. he's not even going out for a full week and he wants to put in a new offense, plus a new defense?????? come on now, im not the brightest, but that doesnt sound like a very good plan.

on to the upcoming season. could, and probably will be a LONG one for the jeff county faithful. no doubt the offensive line will be the strength, but that is the only strength. the biggest spots to fill are fullback, wide receiver, secondary, and especially quarterback. whoever said that we wont miss much by losing clement and brown must have been on something. clement, although a hazard to the team a year ago, was a very solid and productive qb. pewitt cant throw the ball 10 yards, and bowlin cant remember 10 plays, so it's up for grabs. hope this coach has a strong run-to-pass ratio. brown was one of the best, if not the best, WR to play at jeff. acuff equals brown?????? sorry buddy, brown did a heck of a lot for the pats last year. acuff will not be able to duplicate his feats.

he wants to put in a new offense, plus a new defense??????

What are you talking about? We got a new offense when Coach Meadows came in,I didn`t hear anybody complaining.I can`t belive you guys,the man has been the coach for a month and a half and already you are ready to have his head.The team is not going to fall apart because we don`t have a week in full pads,this will be a learning experience for us.And the team is in the hands of some very capable Sr's WE WILL BE FINE! I know this for a fact,I have had my eyes on this years team since their freshman year and they are very talented.I should not have to be defending my team to other Patroits fans (WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?) I`ll tell you what why don`t you guys take a year or two off being Patroits fans,we only need fans who support the team. But when (not if) the team is one of the top teams in east TN (again) Don`t try to jump back on the ban wagon.

Guest region4fan

Nothing happened in Murfreesboro except that a new high school opened 3 miles down the road from Oakland. It left us with hordes of hispanics.It dropped our school #'s to 1400. It also made us 35% free lunch . Siegel zone lines changed every other day since our old principal got the job at Siegel and then was acting superintendent when zone lines were being drawn up. Did I mention that Siegel is the state of the art high school that got the best of everything, and that included the high income subdivisions???? No one could get zone exemptions from our football team,and we lost 17 players off the team to Siegel LATE in the school year last spring. It will take us several years to rise to the top again. We have about 60 kids out this year, but only 5 seniors and about the same # of juniors.

Edited by region4fan

What are you talking about? We got a new offense when Coach Meadows came in,I didn`t hear anybody complaining.I can`t belive you guys,the man has been the coach for a month and a half and already you are ready to have his head.The team is not going to fall apart because we don`t have a week in full pads,this will be a learning experience for us.And the team is in the hands of some very capable Sr's WE WILL BE FINE! I know this for a fact,I have had my eyes on this years team since their freshman year and they are very talented.I should not have to be defending my team to other Patroits fans (WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?) I`ll tell you what why don`t you guys take a year or two off being Patroits fans,we only need fans who support the team. But when (not if) the team is one of the top teams in east TN (again) Don`t try to jump back on the ban wagon.

i may not be an expert, but im pretty sure that if i was coming into a new situation and planned on implementing a new offense plus a new defense, then i would MAKE IT POSSIBLE for me to have AT LEAST 2 weeks w/the kids. he knows NOONE, he hasnt even met all of the coaches for god sakes, let alone the players. like i said, in my opinion, the administration (which was only the principle and AD) made a mistake.