McCallie vs Warren Co.

Readthefield

I play for McCallie's JV and we had the field before the Varsity. The field was in very poor condition with numerous ruts, holes and bumps. There were tons of patches of sand and rocks and the field seemed wider than it was long. I did not stay for the Varsity game but I know Jamey Stone scored on a long ball, Tempe scored off a PK, and Larkin McLaughlin put one in with his head from a Chris Love corner.

Hey guys, we had a fun time last night in the game against McCallie. We have just come off a blistering 4 game district stretch in which we were emotionally drained and had two starters sitting out and one of our reserve forwards sitting out. Not taking anything away from McCallie because they are a good team and great sports. I really enjoyed meeting them and their coach is very cordial. The game game gave me a chance to play some young players who have not gotten to play at all in the last 4 games or very little and to let some of the older guys play in positions that they never get a chance to play in. Sorry, for the condition of the field. It was killed off by an overspray of weed poison earlier in the year and we have been working to fix that problem as best as we could while season is going on. We met with a field and turf expert from Nashville today and have plans to redo the field after the season. However, the field is not short - 110 yards long and it is not too narrow - 75 yards wide. It is an optical illusion that it appears to be a short and narrow field. Believe me, looking at it I understand what you are seeing however, I have actually measured the field when we line it off and it is a 75 by 110 yard long field. Good luck to McCallie on the rest of your season and again, my apologies if the experience you had at Warren County was negative.

Cordially,

Head Coach

Keith Hamilton

Warren County