Best Middie

rtn32488

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can touch Brakebill in TN. Not a whole lot of people could last year either. Part of being a good middie is GB's, and Brakebill is #3 in the state for GB's. Brakebill is pretty good at defense too, speed being a big part, but he knows what he is doing. And also the fact that Brakebill is one of, if not the, best face-off man in TN right now. I haven't seen Sawyer play, but just by seeing Brakebill play I'm pretty sure that Sawyer isn't better than him, he may be #2 though.

I won't outright disagree with you, but Sam does have to deal with Gibson and Gillespie scoring most of the goals. Sammy can really break games wide open with his toughness and ability to bust through the middle of the field. McCallie vs. MUS Brakebill was shut down and didn't produce anything special until the last two minutes when he hit one very amazing shot (streaking down the wing, about 10 yds. from cage, and ripped a shot from about 4 yds from the GLE that pinged off the far-post and in). Sam produces lots of oppurtunities for the MUS attack to score with his off-ball movement.

I didnt see anything super amazing out of brakebill except that he is cocky and has a hard shot. Maybe he wasnt hot in our game, but he has a mouth on him.

I didnt get that impression from playing with him, but then again I have only played with him once. Remember somtimes things are said in the heat of the moment. Two things that coaches have said to me have really stuck out in my mind.

1. No matter how good you are, there is always and will always be somebody better or working harder.

2. You are only a small part of something so much bigger than one person

I would hope that any player would believe these, but especially a talented player who is in a position of leadership.